M-SA is the Approval Organization within Maritime Ship Classification and consists of Approval Centre Høvik (M-SA-C), Approval Centre Hamburg and Approval Support Centre Gdynia. Total number of employees is around 440 with the two bigger units in Norway, Germany and a smaller unit in Poland.
M-SA-C is driven by people’s competence and motivation to help and support our customers through the consistent delivery of high-quality services. As a member of the M-SA-C community you act in a professional, competent, and service oriented environment and in return receive good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues across locations.
DNV seeks Engineers to the Control & Bridge System section in Approval Center Norway. The section consists of 30 employees as of today and is part of the Department for Ship Systems & Components, which is organized into five technical discipline sections.
The Control & Bridge System section’s main task is approval of documents for ship and offshore newbuilding and conversion projects, type approval of systems and components to DNV rules, support to fleet in service as second line support in addition to rules and service development. The section drives the development of new class rules and services within the technical area, including software verification, cyber security and autonomy, and provides expert knowledge to DNV's local stations, sales force and business development leaders.
The Control & Bridge System section is rule responsible for relevant navigation, communication and automation rules, for both ship and offshore class such as nautical safety (NAUT), Dynamic Positioning (DP), Redundant Propulsion (RP), Enhanced System Verification (ESV), Safe Return to Port (SRtP), Hull monitoring system, Smart vessel notation and several digital features rules.
The engineers will report to Head of Section for Control & Bridge Systems section.
The successful candidates are expected to contribute to delivery and development of our processes, products and services within all types of system such as;
Plan approval of new building drawings, certification of systems and components, survey on ships and in manufacturers premises. In addition, we are responsible for service and development of several internal and external documents.
The candidate must expect some traveling.
We are seeking to hire preferably candidate(s) with following qualifications:
- Bachelor/master in the field cybernetics and/or background in the field information technology and informatics.
- Bachelor/master in Computer Science
- 0-4 years work experience
- In addition, background from the maritime or offshore/energy industry preferable
- Some experience with automation systems and field instrumentation field
- Self-motivated and result oriented
- Ability to build trust, confidence and respect
- Flexible, service-minded and with a positive attitude
- Honest, open and committed to DNV's purpose, visions and values
- Good communication skills, verbally and in writing
- A strong company culture with an emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- Attractive total compensation package
- 6 weeks annual vacation
- Intenational working environment
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Interesting and challenging projects, both national and international
- Be part of a world-leading company that has a global reach with more than 12 000 employees around to world and is headquartered in Norway.
- The possibility to grow and develop your competencies and ambitions within DNV
- Close access to the sea and surrounding park with possibility for different outdoor activities
- Free shuttle bus from Sandvika and Skøyen
For more information, please contact:
Jan Tore Grimsrud, Head of Section Bridge & Control Systems, phone +47 930 30 449
If you're interested in applying, please submit your CV in English.
Please be informed you may be requested to provide DNV with additional documents for a background check.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Hvem er DNV?
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.