Local Unit & Position Description
We are seeking a skilful, curious and responsible technical expert within riser and umbilical technology in the Riser Technology Section. The team consists of 14 highly competent persons working with design and integrity of riser systems such as steel catenary risers, flexible risers and top-tension riser systems.
We also cover umbilical’s, subsea power cables, and riser systems for temporary operations like drilling and workover systems.
The section is part of the Subsea and Asset Risk department consisting of around 80 people located at Høvik, Stavanger and Bergen. You will have the opportunity to work in an environment within Oil and Gas Region Norway, consisting of more than 400 experts on riser, well, subsea, pipelines, marine structures and materials.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Work with design and analysis of risers, umbilicals and cables
- Develop and maintain customer relations
- Support business development in relevant areas
- Manage and execute multidisciplinary projects
- Share and build subject matter expertise together with colleagues and the industry through joint industry projects
- Contribute in marketing and sales effort of services related to risers, cables and umbilicals
You demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and ability to carry out independent analysis by using local and global analysis software.
In addtition, you have:
- Master’s Degree in Marine Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Structural Engineering or similar
- 3+ years of relevant working experience
- Knowledge of the risers, flexibles, umbilicals and cable industry
- Experience with either software tools for riser analysis, finite element analysis or programming tools such as Python or Matlab
- Broad external network to relevant market segments, both in oil & gas- and energy industry is an advantage
- Self-motivated and result-oriented
- Innovative mindset
- Customer-oriented with a strategic mindset and a strong commercial focus
- Strong communication skills and networking abilities
- Commitment to DNV GL’s purpose, vision and values
- Proactive person to drive technology development and digitalization of our services
- Social and adaptable team player
- The opportunity to work with interesting and challenging projects
- Access to an extensive competence network
- Competence development
- Competitive salary, insurance and pension scheme
- Flexible working conditions and a large degree of responsibility
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.