Do you have a genuine interest in hydrodynamics, statistics and global response of marine structures? Do you want to work together with world leading technical experts? Are you passionate about the ocean space? Then you should apply for a job with us!
The Environmental Loading & Response section in DNV GL is strengthening its team. We are 25 engineers specialized within complex motion response and mooring system analyses for all types of marine structures, hydrodynamics & metocean, structural reliability and arctic engineering. In our work, we are involved with a wide range of structures including Oil&Gas production and drilling facilities, fish farms, offshore renewables and floating bridges. We provide technical advisory services, verification services, run research projects and develop rules and standards.
You will take part in an inspiring working environment of highly competent colleagues. Around 50% of the team holds a PhD, which emphasize our focus on deep technical understanding and knowledge.
We are searching for a top motivated colleague who is keen on developing skills within numerical analyses focusing on motion response, and takes part in multi-disciplinary project teams to solve complex tasks.
Typical tasks will consist of:
- Hydrodynamic analysis (HydroD/Wadam)
- Motion response and mooring analyses (SIMO, Riflex, SIMA, Mimosa)
- Programming (Python, Matlab)
- Statistical processing
- Physical description of the ocean environment
- Project management
- In addition, dependent on your qualification and interests, you will have great opportunities to apply and develop technical skills in various areas related to hydrodynamics.
- M. Sc./PhD within Marine Technology, Civil Engineering, Applied Mathematics or Physics
- 0 – 5 years of experience
- Preferably familiar with (but not a prerequisite)
- Advanced numerical analyses and programming
- Experience with Wadam, SIMO, Riflex, Python
- Knowledge of international rules and standards for mooring systems
- You are analytical and wish to develop specialist skills
- You have a strong interest for numerical analyses and statistics
- You enjoy programming/scripting
- You are a team player with a positive attitude
- You take initiative and accepts responsibility for own results
- You should have communication, presentation and client management skills
- You have excellent English capabilities, orally and written. Preferably good Norwegian capabilities
What we offer:
- Strong company culture with emphasis on technology and competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- International working environment
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- 30 days annual vacation
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Social events, sports and team building activities
- Scenic work environment by the Oslo fjord
- CONNECT; network organization for employees.
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.