The energy transition is a defining feature of our century. While its direction towards decarbonisation and electrification is clear, its pace of transition is uncertain. As a key player in the energy industry, DNV GL forecasts the transition and how it will impact the energy industry and the society at large. We are now seeking minimum one new modeller(s) that will help strengthen our team.
The Energy Transition research programme is responsible for the annual DNV GL flagship publication - Energy Transition Outlook. Model based, this forecast spearheads the company's research activities on the area. The programme is part of Group Technology and Research, which is the strategic long-term research & innovation division of DNV GL, mostly internally funded.
We are seeking a candidate that will have a key role in developing, extending and improving our Energy transition model and the Energy Transition Outlook, as well as participating in customer projects.
- Work as part of the Energy Transition modelling team, with shared responsibilities for the tasks listed below
- Further development of our system dynamics simulation model depicting the world's energy transition
- Work with the DNV GL organisation and outside energy experts on technologies, costs, drivers and barriers for energy demand and supply alternatives, and incorporate the input into the model
- Document the work and the model, and write and present the results as part of DNV GL's Energy Transition Outlook
- Process and visualize large datasets for input and output data
- Communicate and apply the results of the Outlook in business settings for DNV GL and stakeholders
- Work with our business units in commercial applications of the outlook
- A recent PhD degree in system dynamics or global energy modelling, alternatively a Master's degree in in system dynamics or global energy modelling with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Familiar with system dynamics modelling and experience with construction and use of simulation models
- Extensive modelling and quantitative skills, and proven analytical capabilities, as well as experience with construction and use of simulation models
- Excellent level of computer literacy, including the use of Excel and STELLA or a similar system dynamics software
- Knowledge of and experience in the energy industry (e.g. oil and gas, renewables, power, transport, energy efficency) and the energy sector dynamics are desired, but not required
- Vision and motivation for working with energy industry challenges
- Ability to deliver independent work, as well as to contribute to success as part of a larger team
- Curiosity, an innovative mindset, the interest to learn new topics and ability to develop new skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, excellent written and spoken English capabilities, and appreciation for working in an international environment
What we offer:
- Strong company culture with emphasis on technology and competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- International working environment
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- 30 days annual vacation
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Social events, sports and team building activities
- Scenic work environment by the Oslofjord
- CONNECT; network organization for employees
Bent Erik Bakken
Deputy Program Director
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.