Electronics Technician in the Technology Department (TE), Accelerator Beam Transfer group (TE-ABT), The Electronics and Controls Section (TE-ABT-EC).
You will join the Electronics and Controls Section (TE-ABT-EC), responsible for providing electronics and controls support to many different systems including:
- Fast pulsed magnets with associated high voltage pulse generators and transmission lines;
- Electrostatic and magnetic septa, including high voltage power supplies for electrostatic septa;
- Devices protecting against beam incidents.
As an electronics technican in the TE-ABT-EC section you will work in an international team of hardware and equipment-level software developers. After an initial period of familiarization, you will:
- Develop and commission hardware and software electronic solutions for the control of beam transfer equipment across the whole CERN accelerator complex.
- Participate in the commissioning, exploitation, maintenance, repair and upgrade of existing control systems under the responsibility of the section with a focus on fault-finding and corrective interventions.
- Take initiatives to improve the performance and the reliability of operational installation by proposing improvements and upgrades as required.
- Produce special software for the the development of test benches for electronic modules.
- Ensure the operational performance of equipment under your responsibility.
Higher technical diploma, or equivalent qualification, in the field of Electronics, or equivalent.
This position is open to junior professionals with keen interest to develop their knowledge in analogue and digital electronics, and in equipment control.
The experience required for this post is:
- Demonstrated experience in electronics design is required
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Analog microelectronic circuit design: design of electronic circuit: knowledge of analogue & digital electronics.
- Commissioning, operation & maintenance of electronic test and measurement equipment: operation of electronic and equipment-level control systems.
- Installation, maintenance & operation of control systems.
- Configuration, programming and use of Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations.
- Working in teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting.
- Solving problems: identifying, defining and assessing problems, taking action to address them.
The language competencies required are:
- English or French: spoken and written. The ability to understand and speak the other language in routine situations would be an advantage.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 30.09.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Participation in a regular stand-by duty, including nights, Sundays and public holidays.
- Require work in Radiation Areas.
- Require interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence is required.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Hvem er CERN?
The Convention also states that CERN shall organize and sponsor international co-operation in research, promoting contacts between scientists and interchange with other laboratories and institutes. This includes dissemination of information, and the provision of advanced training for research workers, which continue to be reflected in the current programmes for technology transfer, education and training at many levels.