Odfjell Drilling is looking for talented people to fill a variety of positions onshore and offshore- around the world
Odfjell Drilling Technology (ODT) has 75 dedicated and QHSE-oriented resources serving the following areas: Platform maintenance, Drilling engineering services including EPCI, MODU and fixed installations, New build projects, Yard stays, Technology projects & improvement processes.
Within our business unit Odfjell Drilling Technology we are looking for a Electrical & Instrument Engineer at our office in Bergen. We are looking for an experienced “can do” candidate that is motivated by challenges in a hectic working environment.
- Minimum BTEC (Tekn. Fagskole) or B.Sc. electrical/instrumental engineering (or equivalent) Experience can compensate for lack of formal education
- Additional electrician, instrumentation or automatization certificate is considered an advantage
- Minimum 8-10 year relevant MODU field experience
- Fluent in written/oral Norwegian and English
- Knowledge of the Petroleum industry standards, rules and regulations such as PTIL, NORSOK, ATEX, OLF, DNV and IEC. Special focus on MODU drilling units on NCS
- Preferable experience within some or all of the following areas:
- Power distribution systems with load calculations
- 3.rd party hookup and documentation (Z015N)
- Drilling equipment and systems
- Winterisation, heat tracing with power distribution
- Field instrumentation, bus systems and telecom systems
- Instrumented Safety systems and SIL considerations (F&G / ESD etc)
- Engineering and design of the above mentioned
- Preferable experience with Odfjell project tools and project execution model
- Trained for and experienced with EX, Exi and ATEX equipment and regulations
- Experience with project deliveries and key customers’ expectations
- Experience with all relevant laws, regulations and standards according above mentioned topics
- Offshore training + heath certificate
- Preferable familiar with following programs:
- MS office
- Contribute in CTR-activities/offers, both installation and project related
- Electrical/Instrument/ Drilling Control field engineering
- Supplier follow-up
- Field hook up engineering
- Installation follow-up, red mark-up documentation, final documentation
- Offshore surveys, installation follow up or yard stay can be actual
- Coordination and cooperation with rig crew and ongoing installation work
- Contribute in project(s) and deliver on time and budget assigned work tasks
- Report costs, progress and deviation to technical lead/package engineer or project managers.
- Committed, motivated and safety conscientious
- Creative and constructive
- Determined and result oriented
- Good verbal and written communication skills, Norwegian and English as a minimum
- Team player and developer
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Extensive computer skills
We can offer:
- A professional environment with diversified tasks
- The group is facing new challenges that open up for good professional and personal development
- Extensive course programs
- Project management course/general management training
- Competitive benefit package with regards to wages, offshore compensation, insurance and pension plan
- Mobile telephone and home internet connection
- Welfare benefits such as company cabins, subsidised training etc.
- A dynamic, enthusiastic and good working environment
- Odfjell Drilling group has defined five core values in order to describe our basis for business operation and decision making. These values describe our managers and personnel’s competence and personality:
COMMITTED – SAFETY CONSCIOUS – CREATIVE – COMPETENT – RESULT ORIENTED
The company emphasises in its recruitment policy to build teams with a diversified group of people, with regards to age, sex and cultural background.
Hvem er Odfjell Drilling?
Odfjell Drilling is an international drilling and well service provider with more than 45 years experience. Today, our approximately 2700 valued employees are serving clients in several international countries.
Odfjell Drilling owns and operates mobile offshore drilling units both in Norway and worldwide and is a provider of platform drilling services in the North Sea. The Company offers Well Services, Engineering and Project Management. We are an organization with long experience from harsh environments in the North Sea.
We continuously look for talented people to share the exciting challenges in the global oil and gas industry. Although the company is known for experience and expertise, we know how to appreciate innovation and new thinking.
Join us for the future; visit www.odfjelldrilling.com for more information on our people, values, and business.