Local Unit & Position Description
We’re looking for an Electrical Engineer / Consultant who helps our customers world-wide with securing and improving the affordability, sustainability and reliability of their high voltage electricity transmission & distribution infrastructure.
You will be part of the Transmission & Distribution Technology team at Energy headquarters in Arnhem, The Netherlands. We also have positions available in Nordics and the Middle East.
The team exists out of almost 50 professionals (a mix of PhD, MSc and BSc level) with different backgrounds and from various cultures. Together we deliver specialized and innovative consultancy services to our customers, which are mainly transmission and distribution system operators, power utilities and industries.
You will be involved in national and international projects where you will also collaborate in and with other teams within DNV GL which are for example focused on substation projects, asset management or renewable energy.
From time to time we also team up with the experts of DNV GL KEMA Laboratories.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will perform engineering and/or consultancy tasks and give advice to our customers related to high voltage electricity transmission & distribution infrastructure
- You will also perform electrical design of HVAC/HVDC systems, substations or components related to overhead lines (including insulation design), lightning performance and conductor choice
- Next to that, you will:
- Prepare specifications and tender documentation
- Execute or witness commissioning tests such as factory- or site acceptance tests (FAT/SAT)
- Write (or contribute to) clear and high quality reports and commercial offers
- Identify market opportunities and develop our service portfolio / roadmap
- Contribute to business development
- Position Qualifications
We are looking for a pro-active and ambitious Electrical Engineer / Consultant who is an enthusiastic and result-oriented team player.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- 5-10 years of solid work experience with T&D primary equipment, also in the T&D workfield
- Experience in working with customers in Western Europe will be an advantage
- Verbal and written communication skills in English and/or Dutch language
- Openess to travel (about 20% of your time abroad)
- Attitude to take responsibility for own tasks, competences and beyond
- Curiousity, interested and engagement
- Open mindset (out of the box thinking)
- Bottom line, customer focus as your second nature
What we're offering:
A challenging and varied job in a dynamic and international environment. Being part of a professional team of committed colleagues and plenty of opportunities for personal growth. Naturally, the position is rewarded appropriately, including good fringe benefits.
Based on your experience, we will create a plan together with you for your development for the next few years. We will do this through our 70-20-10 philosophy: 70% learning on the job, 20% coaching and 10% training.
You will be given the opportunity to grow to a (senior) consulting role where you sell, lead and execute projects in order to help clients realize the stated project goals and deliverables. Or you develop yourself as a senior technology expert being seen as an international authority in your working field.
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.