As a Embedded developer, you will join a team providing broadcasters and service providers with world-class products for media transport over any type of network, such as content for major sport events and live TV events. You will be joining the team developing leading management platforms, which is a fully integrated system providing an innovative new approach for management of media networks.
In 2015 Nevion won the Technical and Engineering Emmy® award, and they recently won the Digital Media World award for the best IP based production.
You will be working mainly with their Management Systems, widely used by several broadcasters to control their video activity. The system has a new and innovative approach to handling media networks, and provides managed services, customer access control, data consolidation across the entire network.
- All product development phases, from analysis and architectural design to software implementation and testing.
- Work with the latest audio/video networking and computing technologies.
- Develop software and solutions in all areas from hardware device communication to audiovisual signal processing and high-level management applications.
You will face technologies like API's, networking protocols, databases like NoSQL, functional programming, test-driven development and continuous integration and deployment.
The ideal candidate has a strong interest in programming and wants to learn. Primarily we are looking for a good programmer and hope you can relate to some of the following attributes:
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Teamwork skills
- Comfortable using Scala or other functional programming languages
- The main speaking language is Norwegian, but English will be ok as well.
You also have a higher degree of education, preferably with grades you are proud of in a relevant field, like mathematics, networking and programming.
- Location: Lysaker, Oslo
- Start date: As soon as possible, although, we will wait for the right person
- Information needed when applying: Resume, motivation letter, grades
- Deadline to apply: 21th of August
If you have any questions regarding the position or the process, please contact Morten Kristoffersen or Catalina Enes at Academic Work.
Nevion can offer an international working environment, and the description of their people can be; knowledgeable, respected, nerds and programmers. Moreover, people tend to stay at Nevion and I guess it is because they enjoy working together and by doing that creating some really cool hardware and software solutions! Join our award winning-group of developers by sending in your application today!
Hvem er Academic Work?
Vi i Academic Work jobber med å finne karrieremuligheter til young professionals – personer som er i starten av sin karriere eller ønsker å bytte karrierevei. Young professionals er vår nisje, vårt ekspertområde og en målgruppe vi tror sterkt på. Vi er et internasjonalt selskap med 20 års erfaring. Hittil har vi hjulpet 120.000 personer i jobb, og bare i Norge tilbyr vi over 1.200 karrieremuligheter i året.