Local Unit & Position Description
In order to meet our customers' growing needs, we are looking to strengthen our team with a drilling & well engineer in Bergen. We are looking for a young professional with a technical degree, e.g. within mechanical or petroleum technology and relevant experience.
As you will be part of our drilling & well team located in Bergen and Oslo, you may be involved in a variety of projects across all phases of the well life cycle. Our drilling & well team typically offers the following services:
- Recertification/ document verification of well control equipment
- Site inspection and quality control of fabrication, repair and testing activities, e.g. related to materials and welding
- Verification of well design, well integrity and barriers
- Structural analysis of drilling and well systems and related subsea equipment.
- Qualification of new drilling and well technologies
- Risk management of drilling and well operations
- Participation in R&D projects
Your role will typically be a team member in projects, but you are also expected to conduct own projects as a project manager.
The ideal candidate has a Master's degree within relevant discipline, e.g. related to mechanical or petroleum technology and experience, preferably from the following areas:
- Subsea, intervention, workover systems and equipment
- Drilling, intervention operations planning and execution
- Workover control systems
- Risk analysis
- Drilling rigs
- Project management
- Fabrication QA/QC, materials and welding
- Regulations, industry codes and standards
- Experience with Fortran/Python programming is an advantage
We are involved in a large variety of projects, involving working in teams, both internally within the company, and externally with clients. We typically work across disciplines as well as geographies. If you want to succeed and thrive in this position we expect that you:
- are self-motivated and result oriented
- are a strong team player
- are able to combine analytical and theoretical knowledge with practical skills
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills in Norwegian and English
- have a strong business and customer orientation
- have an ability to see the overall picture, cooperate across borders and share knowledge
- have a positive attitude and a good sense of humor
We offer a challenging and demanding position which will provide ample opportunity to professional as well as personal development. We have an informal and humorous tone among us combined with a professional and international working environment.
Some travel activity in Norway and abroad must be expected.
For further details please contact: Afzal Hussain, Head of Section - Drilling & Well
firstname.lastname@example.org; mobile: +47 91124024
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.