Hydro Energy has more than 100 years of experience in production of renewable energy. Today, we are one of the three largest operators of hydropower production in Norway and a large power market player in the Nordic region and Brazil. We are responsible for developing new business opportunities for Hydro within both renewable energy, hydrogen and batteries, and we provide support to the rest of Hydro’s business areas on contracts, security of supply and energy framework conditions.
With a growing focus on the energy agenda in Hydro and the establishment of our new business units Batteries, Hydro Rein and Hydro Havrand we strengthening the quantitative competence for our long-term analysis team, and are now hiring a Data Scientist to join the Energy Strategy & Policy unit. This team provides long term analysis of the energy complex in a Nordic, European and global context, maps regulatory development in the energy space, formulates Hydro’s energy policy positions and drives the strategic agenda for the Energy business area.
Areas of responsibility
Main responsibility for the Data Scientist is to develop, support and operate the power market models and tools for Europe and Brazil. Main tasks are:
- Support decision making within the Energy business area by quantitative methodology.
- Continuous leverage of our quantitative tools with strong sense ownership and eagerness to build new insights through automatization and modelling.
- Close collaboration with internal strategic analysts and external model developers.
To thrive and succeed in the role as Data Scientist, we believe the right candidate holds the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree within mathematics, optimization, computer science, software engineering (other subjects may be relevant)
- 0-5 years’ experience from quantitative analysis, programming, data handling or software development
- Strong quantitative mindset
- Programming skills and experience with SQL, Power BI and advanced Excel is an advantage
- Good command of English, Norwegian is an advantage
- Self-driven, creative and curious mindset
As a person, we believe you are self-going, independent and curious, with a structured way of working. You are eager to develop new skills and pro-active with focus on continuous improvements on models and new ways to improve the quantitative analysis work.
The position is located in Oslo.
Please enclose a cover letter and copies of relevant academic transcripts, diplomas, certificates etc. Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail.
As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.
Apply before: 26.01.2022
If you have any questions, please contact:
Hvem er Hydro -?
We are Hydro, a global family of 30,000 people, present in a broad range of market segments for aluminium, energy, metal recycling, batteries and renewables, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
We have a proud history and are committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future by developing natural resources into innovative products and solutions. In doing so, we truly believe that our People matter the most to make the difference.