Local Unit & Position Description
The Support, Training and QA section is currently located in Stavanger. The working environment is informal, highly competent and internationally focused.
We are seeking a Application Support Engineer for DNV GL Digital Solutions’s Synergi Life products. Synergi Life is a module based application used to collect, process and analyze information related to QHSE and risk management. You will work in the Support Team closely together with Sales, Consulting, Product Management and the Development team.
Key responsibilities will include, but is not limited to:
- Customer support and problem solving
- Configuration and general administration of the Synergi Life application
- Cooperation with other team members in support and 3rd line resources from development
- Conduct Basic Training in use of the Synergi Life products
As our market is global some travel may be required.
The right candidate holds a Bachelor degree or equivalent in IT-related subjects and is familiar with relevant technologies, such as:
- Database technology - Oracle / MS SQL Server
- SQL knowledge - PL/SQL, T-SQL, etc.
- Technical knowledge about our product line Synergi Life is an advantage, but not a prerequisite
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team
- Systematic and structured
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Good written and oral communication skills in English and Norwegian
- Service minded attitude
- Pro-active and customer-orientated
Join us and you will:
- Work with dedicated and competent colleagues with a high education and specialization level in an international environment
- Meet demanding customers with complex and exciting technical challenges
- Find professional development opportunities
Hans Jacob Heum
Head of Section – QHSE Support & Training
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.