Local Unit & Position Description
“Do you have a mathematics or mechanics/structural background with an interest for software development and digitalization? Do you want to develop and apply your skills on structural engineering problems in an expanding team of world leading experts?”
Our team of 45 subsea pipeline engineers create and deliver world class services that range from early concept, through detailed design and operations, to decommissioning and abandonment. We are a competence center related to the full life cycle of offshore pipelines, and take on the role as expert, solutions provider and standard setter for our clients.
We deliver certification, verification and technical advisory services related to pipelines covering design verification, technology qualification, integrity management including condition assessments and risk based inspection planning, life extension studies, and repair systems. Our main market is the North Sea, but we get involved in projects all over the world.
We also invest heavily in R&D in close co-operation with the industry, using our accumulated knowledge to develop tomorrow's standards and software products. Being serious about getting on board the digital train, we are currently working with several exciting concepts within digital services and we are leading within the digitalization of our services within Oil & Gas. Our aim is to maintain our role as a leading solutions provider for our clients in the digital future.
We are looking to strengthen our team with a professional working with digitalization of our services within fluid-structure interaction, pipe-soil interaction, static and dynamic FEA that may be put in the context of software and engineering tool development as well as project work. The applicant, preferably has programming experience and a keen interest in developing new skills and working in a highly multi-disciplinary team. Experience within either applied mathematics, mechanics, programming or structural engineering is required, but the candidate will also get the opportunity to learn relevant material from other disciplines from the best.
The successful candidate will take on key roles in multi-discipline projects, carrying out technical analysis, developing numerical models and implementing them in our software packages. We are experiencing significant growth, allowing the successful applicant to be part of development and execution of rapidly growing services expected to be vital for the units future.
Typical tasks and expectations are:
- Carry out technical work within project and our newly developed digital services
- Develop numerical models, both FE and analytical, and software implementation in R&D projects and joint industry projects
- Support software development of internal and commercial tools
- Work with development and maintenance of DNV GL codes and standards
- Work and integrate well with the pipeline team
Our working day is dynamic and provides opportunities within a large variety of demanding projects. This is a unique opportunity to work and contribute as part of a team of world leading experts, and for personal and professional development in a highly international context.
- MSc or PhD degree in mathematics, mechanics, programming or structural engineering
- Professional experience or newly educated within areas mentioned above (0 to 10 year experience)
- Object oriented programming experience, and preferably experience with C#/C++, Fortran and VBA
- Finite Element Method experience or qualifications
The successful candidate will benefit from the following personal qualities:
- Is a team player and co-operates well with others; supports others in the pursuit of team goals
- Takes initiative and accepts responsibility for results
- Keen interest in learning new disciplines and developing specialist competence
- Executes plans with commitment and determination, and achieves high quality results
- Uses a methodical and systematic approach to execute work
- Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way
- Professionally curious and solution oriented
Group Leader Pipeline Technology
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.