Local Unit & Position Description
Do you want to be part of a young, innovative and promising Business Area in DNV GL - Digital Solutions? Do you want to influence the digital transformation in DNV GL?
We are looking for a Project Manager with experience, passion and skills to help our company on its digital journey.
Digital Solutions consists of approximately 1000 digital experts globally, developing, selling digital services and solutions, with the goal to optimize the expertise and complement the other Business Areas. As a part of this strategy Digital Solutions launched Digital Technology Centre as a central and key player in giving support to the upcoming digital transformation of DNV GL.
You will be part of Digital Technology Centre (DTC) and in particular the "Digital Frameworks and Tools" team. The team is responsible for establishing and providing strong competence within innovation frameworks, technology governance and software architecture for web/cloud-based solutions.
We want to make sure that users of our services get a great user experience and therefore need to strengthen our team with further Project Management expertise to streamline and onboard new digital services within the Data Factory. You will be working on IT projects from Presales through the whole development lifecycle. Engaging with customers, stakeholders, product teams and other DNV GL Business Areas to deliver digital transformation projects.
As our Technical Project Manager, you will join a global team that runs a broad range of projects, transforming existing and developing new digital services and tools across all of DNV GL's industries. We are looking for an experienced IT Project Manager to strengthen our team in planning and executing data driven solutions in a life cycle perspective. You have a passion about building tomorrow's solutions based on robust software engineering principles! You combine a good understanding of the system as a whole, with knowledge and experience on how ideas are transformed into digital services and products.
Areas of responsibilities:
- Plan and execute projects with reference to best practices in our DMS
- Support to Data Factory Implementation
- Build efficient teams using agile principles (Scrum Master role)
- Facilitate design workshops and sprints to help define user requirements
- Engage with DTC teams to co-ordinate resources from pre-sales to execution
- Work with third party data providers and key stakeholders to manage dataset/service catalogue
- Support the delivery of projects within Digital Frameworks and Tools
- Support the promotion of the Data Factory across the wider business
- Working closely with the Data Factory Technical Lead and the Data Factory Product Owner to deliver the Data Factory releases within the deadlines
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in software engineering, scientific, or engineering subject area
- At least 5 years' experience in developing and leading data intensive/analytics initiatives
- Good understanding of project management and agile principles
- Good understanding of software engineering principles
- Good understanding of data analysis, visualization and usability best practices
- Fluency in English
- Solid knowledge of web application development on the Microsoft .NET framework
- A good understanding of object-oriented design principles and patterns
- A good understanding of SQL Server and database design
- Knowledge of on prem hadoop servers would be preferred
- A service oriented and proactive attitude
- A curious mindset motivated by learning
- Passion for learning new technologies
- Excellent inter relational skills and the drive to build networks
- Ability to simplify complex technical issues
- A preference for working in teams and share knowledge
- Self-motivated and result oriented
- Ability to give constructive feedback to improve processes and quality
- Strong company culture with emphasis on technology and competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- International working environment
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- 30 days annual vacation
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Social events, sports and team building activities
- Scenic work environment by the Oslo fjord
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.