We are now searching for Software engineers for our Digital Development department.
We have a key role in shaping Maritime for the future and we strive to provide excellent digital tools to both internal and external users worldwide, supporting their business needs by the recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that addresses strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.
You will be part of a dedicated software engineer team working closely with business domain experts to further develop and maintain our global Maritime Class Production system and continue the digitalisation of the class business.
Our technology platform is a web-centric set of microservices leveraging the latest digital technology to drive productivity and innovation. This platform focuses on the smart use of data and machine learning algorithms and connects to DNV GL’s Veracity platform.
If you join us, your key tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Work in cross functional teams focusing on customer value and responsiveness to end-user feedback
- Take part in all development phases, from identification to production and maintenance
- Design and develop forward- thinking, sound and maintainable solutions
- Enjoy the agility in our development process and ways of working
- Proven record as a solid software engineer on Microsoft technology stack or newly educated with Master Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Experience with domain driven design and messaging and continous integration/delivery
- Experience with relevant languages, technologies and tools:
- Microsoft .NET Framework, C#
- JS frameworks like React and Angular
- WPF, Winforms
- SQL and NoSQL databases, Microsoft SQL Server, Elasticsearch
- Entity Framework, nHibernate
- Web Server IIS
- Messaging services: NServiceBus
- Azure Cloud tools, API Management
- Team City and Octopus Deploy
- Result oriented
- Curious and eager to understand customer needs and
- Feel satisfied by seeing your software in use
- Fast learner of new technologies and trends
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English
- Good collaboration skills
Head of Department, Digital Development
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.