Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL is a world leading Maritime classification society with headquarters in Norway and offices in more than 100 countries around the world.
Since its establishment in 1864, DNV GL’s objective has been to safeguard life, property and the environment. We live in a world that is becoming ever more complex, where new solutions and challenges influence the way we develop, operate and control ships and offshore units, and adapt to a digital renewable energy future. We in DNV GL utilize our multi-disciplinary competence across maritime, offshore and renewable energy, to help our clients solve operational and strategic challenges. To answer the needs of industry segments that are becoming increasingly integrated, we take a holistic perspective, emphasizing the relationship between technology, an organisation and its people. In DNV GL, we strive every day to be a trusted voice to tackle global transformations.
As our maritime clients are asking for our help now more than ever before, we are looking for new highly motivated, skilled, and enthusiastic colleagues who would like to join our Maritime Advisory Safety, Risk and Reliability consulting unit in Oslo.
In the Safety, Risk and Reliability unit, we work closely with maritime clients to provide them with the foundation to make risk-based decisions on operational and technical issues. Our customers come to us for a unique combination of world-leading technical expertise, detailed industry knowledge and understanding of the balance between business and regulatory issues. We work to ensure that safety is at the core of all developments in the maritime industry.
We always work as a team and collaborate closely with our colleagues in other parts of the world to share ideas and local knowledge. This helps to ensure that we provide cost efficient and timely support to our clients.
As a consultant in Safety, Risk and Reliability, you will be challenged in all aspects of project management from proposals, project planning, project execution and client follow up. Our client projects vary greatly, and we take pride in understanding and dealing with emerging challenges in the maritime industry. You will contribute to idea generation, innovation and service development. We emphasize the importance of close interaction with our clients. We believe that a detailed understanding of the problem ensures good solutions for our clients. Our global network will allow you to take part in exciting projects together with clients all over the world.
You will help our clients to find their way as the industry moves towards digitalization, autonomy and decarbonisation of shipping. Following our mission of safeguarding life, property and the environment, you will be helping our maritime clients to sustain a healthy business while navigating the complex regulatory landscape, timely and cost efficiently implementing new technology, utilizing the value of digital technology, ensure better utilization of their assets and safe operations. These responsibilities will require the successful candidates to have working experience with in at least one area related to risk management, project management, safety management, technology qualification, reliability management, efficient logistics, smart sensors, connectivity and/or cyber security. You will likely be involved in all of these aspects.
To succeed as a consultant in our organisation you will need
- A general interest in the maritime industry and technology
- Ability to digest information and apply your knowledge to complex technical issues
- Ability to understand and convey the business implication of technical issues
- Ability to look beyond what is apparent to see trends and systemic impacts of underlying facts
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivation to take on new challenges
- Pro-active mind-set, creativity, initiative and quality focus
- To enjoy working in teams and sharing your knowledge
- To maintain a high degree of integrity in what you do and deliver
- Education at Master level preferable within engineering (e.g. marine, machinery, risk management, reliability, industrial economics)
- Good digital skills and programming experience is appreciated
- Fluent in English and able to understand Norwegian both written and verbal
- Experience: We are looking both for junior and senior consultants
What we offer:
- Interesting and challenging projects, both national and international
- Position in a team of dedicated and highly competent colleagues with expert knowledge and specialities within the maritime domain
- Be part of a world leading company that has a global reach with more than 12 000 employees around to world and headquartered in Norway.
- Opportunities to develop your knowledge and competence and realise your ambitions in DNV GL
Peter Nyegaard Hoffmann
Head of Section
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.