The Department Technical Advisory is a unit consisting of 80 engineers and consultants undertaking advisory projects towards the maritime industry. The unit is part of Maritime Advisory in region North Europe. Our customers are owners, yards, designers and maritime authorities from all over the world, and we work with a large share of the world’s leading shipping players delivering technical advisory services within the disciplines hydrodynamics and stability, structures, noise and vibrations, and machinery and systems.
The Noise and Vibration section is performing noise and vibration analyses and measurements, mainly on consultancy basis for yards, owners and oil companies, as well as giving support to DNV GL’s maritime and offshore activities. The section is internationally renowned and provides services on analyses and trouble-shooting measurements worldwide.
We are currently seeking a new colleague that will have special focus on noise/acoustics. The right candidate will contribute to the success of our team through focus on theoretical calculations as well as full scale measurements onboard ships and offshore units. Troubleshooting and evaluations of noise and vibration issues will be key tasks. The job also includes development of new services and markets.
Knowledge of acoustics and signal processing is preferred. The position will give interesting challenges and a unique opportunity to transform theoretical knowledge into practical solutions, and will also require domestic and international travel.
In our section you will work with colleagues across the disciplines and geographies of DNVGL to develop and deliver projects. You will apply problem-solving skills to develop solutions for our clients.
Among main duties will be:
- Noise analyses for ships and offshore structures
- Use of Odeon, Soundplan and other acoustic software
- Verification and troubleshooting measurements onboard ships and offshore units
- Domestic and international travel
- Follow-up of class notation Comfort Class, Silent Class and Vibration Class
- Customer interaction and follow-up
- Manage the financial and commercial aspects of the projects to ensure success
- Promote section and department towards internal and external market
- Engineering judgements and practical solutions to noise and vibration problems will be important tasks
- We are looking for an ambitious engineer.
- Experience in Odeon, SoundPlan or other acoustic software is preferred.
- A strong academic degree corresponding to MSc in Engineering or equivalent within acoustics, marine and offshore structures
- Analytical and structured mindset
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of acoustics and Signal Processing
- Ability to work independently, take initiatives and drive processes
- Ability to build good relations with the client
- Good teamplayer
- Willing to travel
- Exciting position in a multidiscipline and multicultural environment with excellent opportunities for working with leading Norwegian and International customers
- Development opportunities in Norway’s most recognised and international maritime organisation
- The position is located at Høvik and local conditions will apply.
- Domestic and international travel is expected.
- You will be reporting to head of section for Noise and Vibration.
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.