We are looking for a candidate with a desire to apply digital skills to shape tomorrows practice in safety.
The ideal candidate has both a high level understanding of safety in the Oil&Gas industry as well as deep understanding of and experience in functional safety. This includes also software coding, simulations and data analytics.
The successful candidate will be part of team of researcher forming the Oil&Gas Programme in Group Technology and Research in DNV GL. This programme combines physical and statistical approaches to safety and applies modern data analytics methods to provide novel safety insight.
As a Researcher in Functional Safety in this programme you get the opportunity of influencing how DNV GL can innovate its safety approaches including:
- Developing and conducting research in novel ways of applying functional safety to cyber-physical systems, such as
- ways of integrating physical and statistical models
- addressing software failures
- uncertainty quantification
- new safety philosophies
- reliability of control systems
- data-driven approaches and machine learning
- software quality assurance theory and techniques
- Working with digital twins and probabilistic twins as new approaches for safety
- Exploring and developing methods for use of machine learning and Bayesian approaches to safety
- Engaging with clients in understanding industry needs and prototype solutions
- Building international networks externally and internally with key people in this field
- Participate in larger public-funded research projects in this field
- Collaborate with top academic personnel at NTNU, University of Oslo and University of Stavanger
- Master degree or higher in RAMS, physics, math or computer sciences
- Demonstrated experience from safety and functional safety
- Demonstrated practical experiences within software coding
- Solution oriented, with ability both to work independently and in teams
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in English.
- Publication and conference presentation record
- Experience with research grant applications.
- A preference for sharing knowledge
Frank Børre Pedersen
Programme Director, DNV GL GTR Oil&Gas Programme
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.