Would you like to join our experienced Piping Layout team of 14 engineers and technicians in Esbjerg? And would you like to have responsibility for the technical execution of projects? Would you like to have the chance to use and develop our expert knowledge within piping design and layout? Does brownfield and greenfield oil and gas projects appeal to you? Then we might have the right job for you.
Manage discipline project team and provide expert technical support
As a Discipline Lead Engineer, you work on piping design and layout projects for the Oil and Gas offshore and similar industries. In this position you will be working on both single discipline and multidisciplinary projects. On the one hand, you manage the discipline project team, ensuring smooth collaboration and high team spirit. On the other hand, you use your technical expertise actively in project teams in terms of securing technical project integrity. Further, you ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget and at the quality level matching the client’s contract. Another important task is to ensure that Ramboll’s HSEQ requirements and procedure always are met.
We offer you the opportunity to work with tasks such as:
- Act as piping discipline lead mainly on Oil & Gas projects performing design and piping layout
- Act as lead and work closely with the assigned Project Manager ensuring that quality and deadlines are met
- Interact with clients and stakeholders on project status, progress and expectations to improve client satisfaction
- Coordinate with other disciplines to ensure an optimal and effective execution and quality
- Control the economy of the discipline by following up on discipline progress and time consumption and by checking that we are in line with the execution plan
- Handle risks and opportunities
- Support the team lead in ensuring that department execution workflows and design tools are updated and maintained
You may expect some travel activity, around 1-3 days per month to offshore facilities or other sites.
You lead by example to deliver high quality projects
Working as Discipline Lead, it is vital that you have excellent collaboration skills, a positive outlook and a flair for delegating to motivate your discipline team to work towards a common goal. Moreover, you must be able to set clear objectives, identify and organise resources and focus on clients’ needs by delivering projects on time, with high quality and within budget.
Your professional skills are of the highest standard, and more specifically, you:
- Hold a BA, Master or PhD within Mechanical Engineering
- Min. 10 years of experience in piping design within offshore oil and gas or similar industries
- Specialty in design and layout - both new designs and modifications
- Experience with multidisciplinary projects
- A couple of years of experience as a Lead where you have delivered projects on time, with high quality within budget
- Are familiar with 3D design tools.
- Have strong oral and written skills in English and it is beneficial if you also can speak Danish
- Be able to obtain and maintain offshore certification for working offshore
Your new colleagues
The Piping & Mechanical department in Esbjerg is a highly experienced and a successful key player within the Energy industry covering all aspects of the client’s value chain. Our experts within special systems are among the leading specialists in the world. We are close to 30 dedicated colleagues who work with mechanical equipment such as pumps, compressors, turbines and pipe systems. Furthermore, we cover all aspects of piping engineering including cost estimation, concept and feasibility studies, detailed and follow-on engineering.
For further information about the position, please e-mail your questions to Head of Department Anton Bork on email email@example.com or Team leader, Piping, Mechanical & Layout Department, Jeppe Jessen Lund at email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in applying, please send your application through our online recruitment system by clicking the link to apply. Remember to attach your CV, motivational application and exam papers when applying.
We will be interviewing on a continuous basis, so please send your application as soon as possible.
Hvem er Rambøll?
Rambøll er en global samfunnsrådgiver med eksperter innen bygg, arkitektur & plan, transport, vann, miljø & helse, energi, olje & gass og management consulting. I Norge er vi 1450 medarbeidere fordelt på 17 kontorer og internasjonalt har vi totalt 13 000 medarbeidere lokalisert i 35 land. Sammen med våre kunder søker Rambøll mot nye løsninger som balanserer menneskelige og kommersielle behov. Slik inspirer vi hverandre til å se forbi det åpenbare - hver dag!