This is NTNU
At NTNU, creating knowledge for a better world is the vision that unites our 7 000 employees and 40 000 students.
We are looking for dedicated employees to join us.
About the position
We have a vacancy for a director at NTNU Nanolab.
The Director of NTNU NanoLab, has the overall responsibility of NTNU Nanolab, and constitute an important part of the NTNU Nano management team.
Together with the Research Council of Norway (RCN), NTNU has invested more than 30 M EUR in the laboratory to date. NTNU NanoLab also leads the national infrastructure for micro and nanofabrication (NorFab) and is an integrated part of the Nordic NanoLab Network (NNN) and of the European consortium EuroNanoLab.
Through NorFab and together with the international partners, NanoLab has developed a world-class facility within nanofabrication. Competence and state-of-the-art equipment are the main ingredients for our success.
The position reports to the dean of the Faculty of Natural sciences Øyvind Weiby Gregersen
The Director has the following areas of responsibility:
Board Administration and Support.
The Director reports to the NTNU Nano Board.
- Strategies and action plans
- On economy, investments and metrics relevant to the NanoLab and national and international consortiums and collaborations
Operational management and service delivery
The Director has the overall responsibility for all matters regarding staff, leadership and management, planning, promoting, maintenance, training and operation of the NanoLab.
- Maintain and develop NTNU NanoLab as a central facility at NTNU and as an integrated node of the national infrastructure NorFab
- Promote NTNU Nanolab to users from academia and industry
- Represent NTNU NanoLab at local, national and international events
- Responsiblity for effective operation and high HSE-standards
- Contribute to the development of student course portfolio taking advantage of NanoLab
- Support NanoLab employees and motivate to implement projects, services and training programmes
- Personnel responsibility for the NanoLab staff
- Maintain the good social and pleasant work environment
- Ph.D. degree in natural science or engineering
- Micro or nanofabrication processing experience
- Leadership and management experience
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Experience of working in an international environment
- Communication skills in Norwegian and major languages
- Direct experience in operation and safety monitoring of a cleanroom environment
- Experience in grant writing, including EU grants
- Broad interdisciplinary understanding of science and technology
- Ability to scientific leadership and to motivate and build teams
- Excellent communication skills and ability to cross-disciplinary cooperation
In the evaluation of which candidate is best qualified, emphasis will be placed on education, experience and personal suitability, as well as motivation, in terms of the qualification requirements specified in the advertisement
- Exciting and stimulating tasks in a strong international academic environment
- An open and inclusive work environment with dedicated colleagues
- Favourable terms in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Employee benefits
Salary and conditions
The gross salary for the position as Director code 1060 is remunerated according to the Norwegian State salary scale, depending on qualifications and seniority. From the salary, 2% is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
Appointment takes place on the terms that apply to State employees at any time, and after the appointment you must assume that there may be changes in the area of work.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background. Under the Freedom of Information Act (Offentleglova), information about the applicant may be made public even if the applicant has requested not to have their name entered on the list of applicants.
Please submit your application electronically via jobbnorge.no with your CV, diplomas and certificates. Applicants invited for interview must include certified copies of transcripts and reference letters. Please refer to the application number NV-102/18 when applying.
Hvem er NTNU - Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet?
NTNU - knowledge for a better world
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
NTNU Nanolab is a 700 m2 cleanroom facility opened in 2009 and is a major part of NTNU´s strategic initiative for Nanoscience, Nanotechnology and Functional Materials - NTNU Nano. Since then NTNU NanoLab have developed and currently supports the research of more than 70 faculty at NTNU, 250 annual users with 25.000 user hours, of which 10% stem from industry. The NTNU NanoLab staff includes the director, eight service and process engineers and a head of laboratory. The Faculty of Natural Sciences is the host faculty for the NTNU Nanolab.