Local Unit & Position Description
Do you want to be part of an innovative Business Area in DNV GL - Digital Solutions? Do you want to influence the digital transformation in DNV GL?
Digital Solutions consists of approximately 1000 digital experts globally, developing, selling digital services and solutions, with the goal to optimize the expertise and complement the other Business Areas.
Digital Technology Centre as a central and key player in giving support to the upcoming digital transformation of DNV GL.
We are looking for a Technical Lead with an experience, passion and skills to help our company on its digital journey.
You will be part of Digital Technology Centre (DTC) and in particular the "Digital Frameworks and Tools" team. The team is responsible for establishing and providing strong competence within innovation frameworks, technology governance and software architecture for web/cloud-based solutions.
We want to make sure that users of our services get a great user experience and therefore need to strengthen our team with further technical leadership expertise to streamline and onboard new digital services within our tools. You will be working on IT projects from Presales through the whole development lifecycle. Engaging with customers, stakeholders, product teams and other DNV GL Business Areas to deliver digital transformation projects.
The role will support the delivery of our products including:
- Building new components to our tools
- Identifying improvements/ enhancements including performance tuning
- Supporting projects and the creation of datasets
- Securing and integrating our tools with Veracity
- Acting as central co-ordinator for Databricks enabled projects
- Being up-to-date on the new releases/functionality available in MS Azure
- Working closely with the Technical Project Manager and Product Owner to deliver releases within the deadlines
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in software engineering, scientific, or engineering subject area
- At least 5 years' experience in developing and leading data intensive/analytics initiatives
- Solid knowledge of web application development on the Microsoft .NET framework
- Working knowledge of project management and agile principles
- Good understanding of object-oriented design principles and patterns
- Good understanding of MS Azure, SQL Server and database design
- Good understanding of data analysis, visualization and usability best practices
- Fluency in English
- Experience with Spark and on premise Hadoop servers would be preferred
- Coding in one or more languages (Python, Scala, R or C#) would be preferred
- A service oriented and proactive attitude
- A curious mindset motivated by learning
- Passion for learning new technologies
- Excellent inter relational skills and the drive to build networks
- Ability to simplify complex technical issues
- A preference for working in teams and share knowledge
- Self-motivated and result oriented
- Ability to give constructive feedback to improve processes and quality
- Strong company culture with emphasis on technology and competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- International working environment
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- 30 days annual vacation
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Social events, sports and team building activities
- Scenic work environment by the Oslo fjord
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.