Norges Bank Investment Management manages the Government Pension Fund Global. The fund is invested worldwide in equities, fixed income and real estate, totaling around NOK 8,000 billion kroner. Our mission is to safeguard and build wealth for Norway’s future generations. We are operating in a global, highly competitive and constantly evolving market. We are more than 500 people of more than 30 nationalities, with offices in Oslo, London, New York, Singapore and Shanghai.
Norges Bank Investment Management is seeking dedicated and results-orientated entry level Cloud Operations Engineer to join the Technology and Support department. Technology and Support is part of Norges Bank Investment Management Operations and has responsibility for our technology platform. We are currently moving our entire datacentre infrastructure to Public Cloud while taking operational ownership of the IT estate. The main objective of the role is to ensure the smooth operation of the technical infrastructure upon which our business systems depend, at all stages of the service lifecycle.
The role is placed in our Oslo offices and is a part of our rapidly developing world-wide Cloud Operations team. Cloud based automatic operations are a developing field and we are looking for entry level candidates with genuine interest in Cloud, DevOps, Infrastructure-As-Code and Automation. You will need to be self-driven and motivated to build competency to function in a supporting role with the rest of the operations team. The right candidate for this position will be motivated by this challenge and will help to develop our future ways of working.
The position is located in Oslo and will report to the Head of Cloud Services. Some travel will be required.
- Working collaboratively with the Operations team to deploy, automate, maintain and operate cloud-based solutions and infrastructure
- Developing stabile service platform using scripting and coding
- Helping designing and implementing cloud native systems and services
- Focusing on monitoring, health-checks, disaster-recovery, high-availability and failover automation of services in the Cloud datacentre
- Acting as the technical point of contact for controlled business systems, ensuring the optimal technical platform through their lifecycle
- Ensuring the availability, performance, scalability and security of systems: performing and automating daily operational tasks
- Troubleshooting and resolving incidents and problems, performing changes
- Improving infrastructure platform and service deliveries by automating and streamlining operations and processes
- Identifying improvement areas, planning for and executing improvement activities
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline, with strong academic records
- Personal interest in IT service delivery, with emphasis on Public Cloud based services
- Understanding or experience of automation technologies for infrastructure automation, deployment automation/orchestration and configuration management, e.g. Puppet, Ansible
- Interest or proven competency in scripting skills, e.g. BASH, PowerShell or Python
- Understanding of Network administration and operations
- Some experience in system administration experience with Windows Server, and/or Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of DevOps and ITIL practices
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with a high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Ambition to excel and high level of integrity
Norges Bank Investment Management can offer a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the worlds largest funds. Norges Bank Investment Management has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
You will be able to take necessary courses and certifications to keep up with the technology.
Karoline Anglevik Erlien
Hvem er Experis?
Experis is Norway’s largest consultancy and recruitment company with 850 consultants. We offer highly qualified consultants, recruiting and project solutions within the fields of Engineering, Finance and IT. Our Experis Executive Division recruits leaders and key personnel in the private and public sector. Among our clients you will find over 90 percent of Norway’s leading companies. Experis is a company in ManpowerGroup and is voted one of the world’s most ethical companies.
As a consultant in Experis, you will have instant access to a wide range of challenging positions and project assignments. With us, you can build your career and we will help you achieve your goals on short and long term through our national and global network. Visit us at www.Experis.no