Norges Bank Investment Management manages the Government Pension Fund Global. The fund is invested worldwide in equities, fixed income and real estate, totaling around NOK 8,000 billion kroner. Our mission is to safeguard and build wealth for Norway’s future generations. We are operating in a global, highly competitive and constantly evolving market. We are more than 500 people of more than 30 nationalities, with offices in Oslo, London, New York, Singapore and Shanghai.
Norges Bank Investment Management is seeking dedicated and results-orientated Cloud Operations Engineer to join the Technology and Support department. Technology and Support is part of Norges Bank Investment Management Operations, and has responsibility for our technology platform. We are currently moving our entire datacentre infrastructure to Public Cloud while taking operational ownership of the IT estate. The main objective of the role is to ensure the smooth operation of the technical infrastructure upon which our business systems depend, at all stages of the service lifecycle. The role is placed in our Oslo offices and is a part of our world-wide Cloud Operations team. This requires sound business understanding and close collaboration with system managers, business users and external vendors. There will be many internal changes including new technologies and methods in the period to come. The right candidate for this position will be motivated by this challenge, and will help to develop our future ways of working.
The position is located in Oslo and will report to the Head of Cloud Services. Some travel will be required.
- Working collaboratively with system management, development and other teams to deploy, automate, maintain and operate cloud-based solutions and infrastructure
- Acting as the main technical point of contact for one or more business systems, ensuring the optimal technical platform through their lifecycle
- Ensuring the availability, performance, scalability and security of systems: performing and automating daily operational tasks
- Troubleshooting and resolving incidents and problems, performing changes
- Improving infrastructure platform and service deliveries by automating and streamlining operations and processes
- Identifying improvement areas, planning for and executing improvement activities
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline, with strong academic records
- 2+ years experience with public cloud platforms (Primarily AWS, or Azure)
- Experience with a broad range of automation technologies for activities including infrastructure automation, deployment automation/orchestration and configuration management, e.g. Puppet, Ansible or Octopus
- Strong scripting skills, e.g. BASH, PowerShell or Python
- Understanding of Network administration and operations
- Hands-on experience in Cloud based services including Compute, Storage, Database, Networking and Management tools
- Demonstrated system administration experience with Windows Server, and Linux operating systems, and preferably Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop technologies
- Knowledge of DevOps and ITIL practices
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with a high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Ambition to excel and high level of integrity
Norges Bank Investment Management can offer a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. Norges Bank Investment Management has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Karoline Anglevik Erlien
Hvem er Experis?
Experis is Norway’s largest consultancy and recruitment company with 850 consultants. We offer highly qualified consultants, recruiting and project solutions within the fields of Engineering, Finance and IT. Our Experis Executive Division recruits leaders and key personnel in the private and public sector. Among our clients you will find over 90 percent of Norway’s leading companies. Experis is a company in ManpowerGroup and is voted one of the world’s most ethical companies.
As a consultant in Experis, you will have instant access to a wide range of challenging positions and project assignments. With us, you can build your career and we will help you achieve your goals on short and long term through our national and global network. Visit us at www.Experis.no