Are you a designer-draughtsperson specialised in HVAC/sanitation with excellent knowledge of the Autocad and/or Revit software packages? Do you have experience in the dimensioning and integration of building services for tertiary or industrial structures? Join us and put your skills and creativity to work for the benefit of CERN's building projects. CERN's facilities include 700 surface buildings and 60 km of tunnels spanning the border between France and Switzerland.
Etes-vous un dessinateur-projeteur CVCS avec d'excellentes connaissances des logiciels Autocad et/ou Revit? Avez-vous de l'expérience dans le dimensionnement et l'intégration des techniques du bâtiment sur des ouvrages tertiaires ou industriels? Alors rejoignez-nous, et mettez vos compétences et votre créativité au service des projets génie civil du CERN, qui compte 700 bâtiments en surface, ainsi que 60km de tunnels sur les territoires suisse et français.
Job Reference: SMB-SE-DOP-2017-92-LD
Designer-draughtsperson (HVAC - heating/ventilation/air conditioning and sanitation) in the Design Office and Patrimony (DOP) section of the Site Engineering (SE) group in the Site Management and Buildings (SMB) department.
You will join the Site Engineering (SE) group in the Site Management and Buildings (SMB) department, which builds and maintains the Organization's sites (two main sites and 15 satellite sites), buildings and underground structures (over 60 km of machine and service tunnels). The group's responsibilities cover all phases of a project, from the preliminary design study to completion of construction. The group also remains responsible for the infrastructures throughout their life cycles.
As designer-draughtsperson specialising in building services, you will be assigned the following tasks:
- Carrying out HVAC/sanitation studies in 2D and 3D using the Autocad and Revit software packages, for new building service installations or the modification of existing installations in tertiary or industrial structures.
- Coordinating and integrating the various building services, in close collaboration with the civil-engineering draughtspersons.
- Creating execution plans and drawings, taking account of technical and legal requirements.
- Consulting equipment suppliers' catalogues.
- Dimensioning calculations for installation flow rates and pipe diameters.
- Establishing lists of material and equipment, as well as execution drawings for the workshop and the installation stage.
- Drawing up operating instructions and technical guidelines.
- Involvement in initial design and design studies, in collaboration with project leaders and other relevant technical services (civil engineering, electricity, fire detection, computing networks and access control).
- Preparing meetings, organising tasks, checking drawings by external consultants and centralising project documentation.
Higher technical diploma in the field of building project design or equivalent training or experience.
This post requires proven experience in the following fields:
- Project design for heating, ventilation and air conditioning in tertiary and industrial building projects.
- Design of building service installations (drawings and piping and instrumentation diagrams (PID)).
- Coordination and integration of building services: heating, ventilation, air conditioning, sanitation and control, etc.
- Management of the various project phases for the installation and integration of building services: 2D/3D design, feasibility, conflict analysis and coordination of services, integration, implementation and maintenance.
- Other building specialisms (civil engineering, electricity, etc.).
- 3D software (Autocad and/or Revit).
- Experience of Revit or other 3D software such as Inventor, Allplan, Sketchup, etc. would be an advantage.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- 3D & 2D technical drawing.
- Design and integration of HVAC/sanitation systems.
- Design and construction of industrial and tertiary buildings.
- Integration of building services.
- Knowledge of HVAC/sanitation standards and equipment.
- Knowledge of PLM (project lifecycle management) software would be an advantage.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Working in teams: understanding when teamwork is required to achieve the best results; including others accordingly and sharing information; building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships.
- Demonstrating flexibility: adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting; projecting self-confidence when presenting ideas, proposals and opinions.
- Achieving results: having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind; delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations; producing comprehensive work / project plans taking into account resources and contingencies.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English or French: ability to understand and speak the other language in routine situations.
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 02.10.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require :
- Work in radiation areas (in exceptional circumstances).
- A valid driving licence.
Hvem er CERN?
The Convention also states that CERN shall organize and sponsor international co-operation in research, promoting contacts between scientists and interchange with other laboratories and institutes. This includes dissemination of information, and the provision of advanced training for research workers, which continue to be reflected in the current programmes for technology transfer, education and training at many levels.