Do you want to build a world-class personalization for our customer, develop tech-analytics products to foster business by dynamic pricing, demand forecasting, fashion trend predicting, store-performance optimizing and many-more?
The analytics team is part of the data platform, analytics and reporting department in Varner. The department covers building and managing data platform, exploring, and creating advanced AI models and serving Varner with real time insight and reporting. The Analytics department aims at developing Nordic-Best Fashion Analytics. The team envisions contributing in sales and market analytics, supply chain analytics, price-optimization, tech-in-store, design vs buying trend predictions, product performance analytics and so on. All the developments within the team are value driven, product-oriented, and apply agile principles.
What you will do as a Data Scientist in Varner
As a data scientist at Varner, you take on complex data challenges, develop strong business cases together with domain experts and business managers, you test your hypotheses and assumptions, and both communicate and coordinate well with business operational experts throughout the process from problem identification to production roll-out. Your AI model scales when it is in production, and your model generates business value, such as achieving certain revenue KPIs.
Retail is seen as the top most value-driven industry for AI. Here you will build world-class personalization for our customer, develop tech-analytics products to foster business by dynamic pricing, demand forecasting, fashion trend predicting, store-performance optimizing and many-more (you name it).
We are looking for you that have some or all of the following qualifications:
- Two to five years of solid experience working with Machine Learning and AI
- You are comfortable with scripting/programming languages such as Python, R or Scala
- You use open-source products such as Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Apache Airflow
- Have experience with cloud platforms (GCP), including Docker instances and Kubernetes
- Good knowledge of SQL and working experience with BI tools so that you can perform "simple to complex" analytics
- You ideally have a degree from higher education that provides a rigorous scientific foundation for your work within the AI world. In case you do not possess a strong educational background, you may have exceptionally recognizable qualities. For example: You are one of the top rankers in Kaggle or similar data science competition venues. Or you are from startup background, where the idea of your data product was patented or patentable.
- You know the difference between MVP, Pre-production, and Production-level analytics. Your definition of DONE means to deliver production-ready analytics and AI products.
- You love to work in data product teams, enjoy two-way learning from peers, and you have a thirst for continually developing yourself professionally
- You are super skilled in business communication; you use high-level BI tools to communicate insights with operational decision makers, such as product managers, product owners, marketing & sales operational managers, digital and physical customers' touch-point managers, and the business owners.
Who are you as a person?
- Curious and have a passion for technology in general and like to stay updated on tech trends
- You like to acquire new knowledge and share your knowledge
- You understand the business perspective and like to be a part of delivering genuine business value
- You are result-oriented, problem solver and flexible
- Positive, respectful, inclusive and embrace collective success
- Look at your colleagues as valuable and treat them with respect
- Get motivation and inspiration by working in teams
- Help other remove impediments and make their day great
- Are concerned about developing sustainable solutions
- Can relate to our values; Business minded, Passion, Friendship, Happiness, Make it easy, Responsible
We can offer you:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexible work hours
- Modern offices with high standards located at Slependen, Oslo
- Amazing lunch and coffee shop
- Great work environment and social activities on a regular basis
We are hiring for multiple positions and are open for both senior experience and juniors with a couple of years of experience. We also operate with continuous selection of incoming applications, so if you find this position interesting apply now or contact Malin Haglund at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Hvem er Varner ?
Varner er en fremoverlent arbeidsplass hvor høyt tempo og raske endringer er en del av vår hverdag. Gode samarbeidsevner, en fleksibel holdning og evne til å tilpasse seg endring er avgjørende. Vi tilbyr konkurransedyktige betingelser og muligheten til å utvikle både deg selv og selskapet.
Varner omsatte for 11 mrd norske kroner i 2018 og er inne i en tid der vi setter enda mer fart på digitaliseringen av vår forretningsvirksomhet. Vi har i dag rundt 30 dedikerte spesialister på IT som hver dag jobber med brukere og verdikjeden for å forstå behov og finne frem til de riktige løsningene. Les mer: Varner.com