We are looking for a dedicated Data Engineer to join our growing efforts in creating value from data.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. You should have a curious mindset and a thirst for knowledge, be able to demonstrate a drive for continual improvement and thrive on collaboration across colleagues and teams.
What will you do?
The Data Engineer will be joining one of our many teams that are concerned with acquiring, transporting and enriching data in order to support reporting or analytics in various support or business areas within DNB. If needed, you will be a part of a job rotation outside working hours to ensure data product support. This will be economically compensated.
What we need:
We are looking for candidates with the following background and experience:
- Understanding of Database Architecture, Data Warehousing and Data Lakes
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases and query authoring (SQL)
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience with data management using data catalogues, data access layers and cloud data lakes
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
- Experience with automating work and infrastructure using DevOps (Bitbucket/GitHub/Jenkins/JIRA) and DataOps
- Comfortable with Agile and Kanban methodologies
- Higher education within computer science, statistics, informatic, information systems or other quantitative studies, or relevant experience with documented results
Not able to check all boxes, but still feel you got what it takes? Get in touch! We are looking for diversity, people with the right mindset and passion to deliver.
We work with the following tools:
- Big data tools: Spark, Kafka, AWS Glue, AWS EMR or Hadoop distributions like Hortonworks or Cloudera
- Azure/AWS Cloud offerings and concepts
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Teradata, Oracle, MS SQL, AWS Aurora, AWS Redshift, AWS DynamoDB, etc.
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools: IBM DataStage, StreamSets
- AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, ECS, Lambda/Azure Functions
- Stream-processing systems: Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Azure Stream Analytics, etc.
- Data virtualizations tools: Denodo
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python and Java
- Containerization technology like Dockers, Kubernetes
Who are we looking for?
- You have an agile and proactive mindset
- You are precise with attention to quality
- You are analytical and structured
- You take ownership to tasks and ensure their resolve
- You communicate accurately and understandably in English - both verbally and in writing
- Norwegian language skills is an advantage, but not required
What we offer:
- Competitive salary terms
- Modern office with great cafeteria and other facilities
- Flexible working hours
- Challenging career opportunities
- Personal and professional development through attending conferences and trainings
- Favourable pension schemes
- Personnel bank with favourable discounts and interest rates
- Competitive insurance policies
- Resorts available for employees in Norway and abroad
- Sports, cultural and other activities outside of the workplace
A job in Norway's largest financial group offers professional challenges in an exciting work environment with many opportunities. DNB strives to create an inclusive workplace where people thrive and feel comfortable. We believe that equality and inclusion boost innovative thinking and collective competency which contributes to create an attractive and flexible company equipped for a changeable business landscape.
We are looking for skilled and motivated employees to meet customer needs and to achieve our goals. With so many varied disciplines and exciting opportunities in the future, we are looking for employees with different background, age and expertise. Are you engaged in focusing on the customer, and in addition fit our values: curious, brave and responsible, you might be exactly the person we need.
In DNB, we carry out background checks to verify that the information provided in your CV and other documentation is actually correct. Background checks are generally performed by an external independent third party. Former employers are typically contacted to check previous positions and periods of employment, while educational institutions are asked to confirm marks.
No background check will be conducted without your prior consent, and you will receive more detailed information about this, if applicable.
For positions that require an authorisation and/or approval of suitability, a police certificate of good conduct will be required.