Digital Solutions as a business area in DNV GL was formed in 2018, gathering approximately 1000 digital experts from around the organization into one powerful unit. This gives DNV GL the focus, agility and efficiency required to stay on top of digitalization technologies and skillsets like IoT, big data analytics, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, blockchains and cyber security.
Given by the purpose and dedication of DNV GL, cyber security is an obvious focus area for the company. Our expert teams are well-established and have since the infancy of cyber security been powerful players in controversial and high-attention cases, yet always discretely retained a low profile.
Our particular team of consultants in “IT Risk and Cyber Security services” cover the topics of security architecture, risk management, quality assurance, incident handling and recovery, but also high-level security governance and general security strategies.
As one part of that, our advisory contributes in all kind of cyber security cases. We take part in major telecom and IT projects, and we also fill security expert roles in large public and private organisations. One specialty worth mentioning about DNV GL is the cyber security for process control and production environments; the so-called operation technology or OT.
DNV GL currently recognizes a clear ramp-up in the cyber security advisory market, which is entirely reasonable given the increased focus on financial consequences from cyber-related incidents. These consultant positions will increase our capacity to meet that market demand.
As a cyber security consultant you will participate in DNV GL’s advisory projects within cyber security, and work alongside some of the most experienced specialists in the field. This will give you a highly interesting and steep learning curve, and you will also build an extremely attractive formal experience.
Many of these projects are done from DNV GL’s beautiful premises at the seaside in Høvik, Bærum. An optional location might be Stavanger. Some projects are done at customer premises and will involve a moderate amount of travelling.
- 3-10 years of relevant experience
- Master's degree or Bachelor with significant relevant experience
- Education and/or experience within one or more of the following:
- Security architecture design and review
- General IT security
- GDPR and other privacy standards
- PKI and secure identification
- Network security architecture
- Firewalls and other security components
- OT security
- Ethical hacking
- Experience with ISMS/ISO 2700x standards
- Risk analysis and management
- Experience with the IEC62443 standard for security in control and automation systems
- Cyber security certifications like CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CEH or CCSK are desirable
- Language skills: Fluent English and (preferrably) Norwegian
- Good written and spoken communication skills; precise, efficient, structured and clear
- A customer-oriented mindset
- The possibility for a higher security clearance is preferrable
- A positive, constructive and solution-oriented “can-do” attitiude
- The personal integrity to work with a trust-based brand like DNV GL
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.