Are you newly graduated in the construction field with some practical experience? Are you also looking to start your career within cost and project management in the construction and property industry? Do you also feel that you belong in an international atmosphere in a small team? Then keep reading - The international construction and property consultancy company Gardiner & Theobald is hiring Cost Managers for their operations in Oslo.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Academic Work is on behalf of our client Gardiner & Theobald looking for a Cost Manager. Your main focus is to estimate and cost plan to proactively manage construction costs. Cost Management is one of G&Ts core services. Their independence from the rest of the supply chain means that they provide impartial advice, delivering the right solutions to protect their clients interests and maximize on their investments.
G&T has over many years and across almost all sectors of the built environment acted as consultants in a range of roles to predict and manage construction costs, from initial feasibility to final account. Gardiner & Theobalds gas secured its first major contracts in Oslo and will you will be heavily involved in their different projects; giving you a great overall experience and knowledge in the field.
Gardiner & Theobald is a growing small/medium-sized company - A perfect place for someone keen on developing and increasing your role together with the company. As for the time being you will be working closely with your mentor and your project group.
This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work and the request from Gardiner & Theobald is that all questions regarding the position is handled by Even Kjørsvik, firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Work is responsible for the recruitment process but the candidate that proceed will be employed directly by Gardiner & Theobald.
As a Cost Manager you will be working together with your colleagues on different construction projects focusing on cost, quality, and time.
Everyday tasks include - but are not limited to:
- estimating costs and timeplans
- cost control
- procurement advice
- project management
The overall goal is to minimize risk and create opportunities to maximize the value and return of clients developments and property assets.
Depending on your previous experience within the field, you will be introduced to different parts of the construction process and receive on-the-job training to master the areas you lack experience in.
The position as a Cost Manager is a perfect role for someone who strives to achieve results and develop, and maybe in the future sees themselves having the whole world as a possible workplace. All new employees are assigned mentors who will support them in their role. Together you will create a personalized career and development plan; laying out a clear path suited to fit you.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Has 1-3 years of relevant work experience from the construction field. For example you have worked within construction consultancy, estimating, cost controlling, planning and procurement and/ or project management
- Norwegian and English professional proficiency, since both languages will be used at the company and in the role
- Have knowledge in Bluebeam (Design and construction workflow software)
- Have knowledge in Unit4 MAP (Tender management and construction project management software)
- Have knowledge in Excel and MS Project
This position suits you who is driven and wish to work at a small but growing international company. You strive to achieve results, push yourself professionally, and recognize the importance of teamwork. As a person you are flexible, curious and find joy in finishing what you started. If you want to be a part of a company who changes the face of Oslo, this is the company for you.
- START: As soon as possible, according to agreement
- WORK EXTENT: Fulltime
- LOCATION: Oslo
- CONTACT: Senior Recruitment Consultant, Even Kjørsvik, +47 21 30 53 52
- Do you meet the requirements? Click on Apply and submit your application as soon as possible as our selection process is continuous.
- We only handle applications through our website but if you have questions about the position you are welcome to email us [email@example.com] (mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will answer during office hours. Please write the advert title in the subject and paste the advert link in the mail.
We are Home of the Young Professionals. We offer jobs for students or those who have completed their studies and have up to five years of work experience. With us, you can work as a consultant on specific client assignments or you can become employed directly by one of our customer companies through our recruitment service. Find out more on our web site www.academicwork.no.
Hvem er Academic Work?
Vi i Academic Work arbeider med bemanning og rekruttering av Young Professionals – studenter og nyutdannede i begynnelsen av sin karriere. Young Professionals er vår nisje, vårt ekspertområde og en målgruppe vi tror sterkt på. Hos oss kan du jobbe som utleid konsulent på spesifikke oppdrag hos våre kunder, eller bli fast ansatt via vår rekrutteringsvirksomhet