Kongsberg Digital (KDI) is a provider of next generation software and digital solutions to customers within maritime, oil & gas, and renewables & utilities. The company consists of more than 500 software experts with leading competence within internet of things, smart data, artificial intelligence, automation and autonomous operations.
We are now looking for a cloud developer to join our team.
Why work as a cloud developer for Kongsberg Digital?
You will join our SiteCom® core development team in Kristiansand (Norway).
SiteCom® is the market leader of Real-Time Drilling systems. Our customers are all leading operators and service companies, and we have a global market presence.
The job will include:
- Architectural Design and Programming work. You will own parts of the code base
- Assist in requirements definition when needed and advise on development direction
- Interact with customer’s and users to assist in problem solving and business case realization
- Increase your area of responsibility, as you grow in your career
- You will interact with highly qualified engineers and professionals in the whole of Kongsberg Digital, shaping the Kognifai™ platform and the next generation industrial software.
What are we looking for?
- Master/bachelor's in computer science, software engineering, or similar relevant education
- Comprehensive software technology understanding, including development of cloud-based systems and SaaS
- Exceptional programming skills and demonstrated results. A track record of hands-on design, coding, and debugging experience.
- Ability to work independently. Make solid plans and execute on them successfully
- Ability to work collaborative in teams and ready to take a leading role
- Excellent communication skills. Fluency in English
It would also be an advantage if you have:
Experience with software development using cloud infrastructures (Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS), Microservices-based architecture, Container and Application PaaS (Docker, Kubernetes, CloudFoundry), DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (Jenkins, Circle CI, Travis CI), and/or application monitoring analytics (ELK stack, New Relic)
Experience with C#, .Net, and Azure/SQL Server
Familiarity with and understanding of security technologies
What do we offer?
- An interesting position within a dynamic and innovative company
- Career opportunities and personal development
- A corporate culture in Kongsberg where we live by our values: RELIABLE, DETERMINED, INNOVATIVE, COLLABORATIVE
- Competitive total compensation
If you have source code published on GitHub or similar, please feel free to include a link, we would love to see your work.
Sounds exciting? Then join us on our journey to World Class - through People, Technology and Dedication.
Hvem er Kongsberg Digital (KDI)?
KONGSBERG is a knowledge-based technology group developing systems and solutions for the maritime, offshore, energy, satellite, defense and aerospace industries. Founded 200 years ago, the corporation has continued to transform itself through paradigm shifts in the industry ecosystem and society at large. During the last decades, the group has played a key role in internationalizing the Norwegian core industries by bringing to market advanced and reliable technology solutions improving safety, security, and performance in complex operations under extreme conditions; from deep sea to outer space. Now in the Industry 4.0 paradigm, KONGSBERG utilize its strengths to develop new solutions based on cloud computing, the Industrial Internet of Things, and the exponential impact of cyber-physical systems, artificial intelligence and higher-level autonomy solutions. Today we are 7000 colleagues in 30 countries working in close partnerships with customers and research groups worldwide. We are rooted in our core values determined, innovative, reliable and collaborative.