Clean Room Specialist in the Beams Department (BE), Radiofrequency group (RF), Superconducting RF (SRF) section.
You will join:
- The Beams Department (BE), which hosts the Groups responsible for beam generation, acceleration, diagnostics, controls and performance optimization.
- The Radiofrequency group (BE-RF), (https://cern.ch/be-dep-rf), responsible for the RF Acceleration and Transverse Damping Systems for CERN accelerators. Our team operates the RF systems of existing accelerators and participates to the design of future accelerators and upgrades of existing machines.
- The Superconducting RF (BE-RF-SRF) section, responsible for the construction and testing of Superconducting RF components and related infrastructure.
As a Clean Room Specialist in the BE-RF-SRF Section, you will be member of a team working on superconducting RF equipment and the relevant infrastructures used for SRF technology.
More specifically, you will:
- Manage, organize and participate in the upgrade of CERN's Superconducting Radio Frequency (SRF) clean room infrastructure.
- Participate in the exploitation of the facilities for fabrication, assembly and testing of complex SRF systems and related equipment.
- Be responsible for the definition and implementation of future assembly facilities.
- Be responsible for the clean preparation of components up to complex cryomodule assemblies.
- Take responsibility for quality control procedures and documenting results.
- Participate in the chemical treatment and cleaning of parts and facilities.
Bachelor in the field of mechanical, surface or chemical engineering or higher technical diploma in Mechanics, or equivalent.
Experience and competencies
The experience required for this post is:
- Demonstrated experience in clean room work with large scale components, including the necessary calm, inner peace and meticulousness.
- Experience in managing similar infrastructures would be an asset.
- Experience in manufacturing, assembly and testing of SRF equipment would be an asset.
- Experience with the operation of ultra-high vacuum systems would be an asset.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Quality management.
- Installation & dismantling of mechanical equipment & systems.
- Expertise in clean room environment.
- Commissioning, maintenance & operation of large-scale SRF assembly facilities or superconducting RF equipment in existing accelerators.
- Design and operation of SRF clean processing facilities.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Working in teams: working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities; building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships.
- Demonstrating accountability: working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises.
- Demonstrating flexibility: actively participating in the implementation of new processes and technologies.
- Achieving results: having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English or French with the ability to understand and speak the other language in routine situations or willingness to acquire this skill rapidly.
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 14.08.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in radiation areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence.
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Hvem er CERN?
The Convention also states that CERN shall organize and sponsor international co-operation in research, promoting contacts between scientists and interchange with other laboratories and institutes. This includes dissemination of information, and the provision of advanced training for research workers, which continue to be reflected in the current programmes for technology transfer, education and training at many levels.