At DNV, we are passionate about Our Purpose – To safeguard life, property and the environment.
We are emboldened by Our Vision – A trusted voice to tackle global transformations.
We are interconnected and enabled through Our Values – We care. We dare. We share.
We are an international Company willing to prioritize customers who want to transform how they use data and technology to solve problems and lead the energy transition.
We differentiate from the competition through our strong customer relationships and by delivering unique insights, enabled by our emphasis on increased commercial agility and continual digital transformation.
No matter where in DNV you work or which team you work with, you’ll be part of a group of people working together to make meaningful and measurable impact while being part of a company that values the very best ideas and focuses on offering the exceptional employee experience.
Our people are the very heart of our who we are, what we do, how we do it and why we do it.
This is DNV and there’s a role here for you - whether you're a recent graduate or have years of experience so if this excites you, we'd love for you to join us.
We are looking to grow our team with a proactive CFD Consultant to drive innovation and enable our team to excel in helping industries in the energy transition.
No two days are identical, but as a CFD Consultant you can expect to:
- Optimize CFD models through empirical testing
- Document findings and share them with cross functional research teams
- Develop analytical models for fluid flow using standard CFD software
- Develop CFD models of fires, explosions, and gas dispersions.
- Conduct a wide range of simulations and prepare consulting reports
- Communicate results and recommendations to clients
- Use your models to identify and optimize innovative technical safety solutions
- Help to drive decisions and help the team prioritize resolutions
- Ability to maintain multiple projects simultaneously
Everyone in DNV is encouraged to apply and play to their personal strengths, so there is no “one size fits all” approach to working in DNV. The scope of this role is intentionally broad so that people can find their strengths and grow in a way that excites them.
What we value (Who you are and what it will take for you to succeed)
To ensure that you have the best possible chance of succeeding in the role as CFD Consultant, we believe you have the following background:
- University degree in relevant engineering discipline, Physics, Mathematics, or other relevant STEM degree
- Some years of relevant experience, graduates with relevant knowledge are welcome to apply
- Knowledge of CFD tools (Fluent, CFX) or equivalent is mandatory or (Extensive Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) experience
- Enthusiasm for programming; the use of Python would be a bonus
- Strong analytical skills - able to analyze and understand complex solutions and ideas using domain knowledge while maintaining the ability to see beyond theory and software/ tools and translate the results into a risk management/technical safety context
- Strong communication and report writing
- Interest in the risk management process
- Be comfortable working in a collaborative team environment with a willingness to broaden your skills
- Ability to prioritize workloads to meet deadlines
- Passionate about providing value for renewable energy customers as well as those customers navigating the energy transition and developing low-carbon solutions for a low-emissions oil and gas sector
Our team has people from a variety of backgrounds—people who studied computer science, sales, psychology, or went to a bootcamp; people who joined DNV right after university; and people who joined our team after switching industries. We value skills and mindset over a specific educational background.
- A strong company culture with an emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- International working environment
- Attractive total compensation package
- Competitive terms and conditions
- Be part of a world-leading company that has a global reach with more than 12 000 employees around to world and is headquartered in Norway
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- 6 weeks annual vacation
- Social events, sports, and team building activities
- Meet other young professionals through established networks and informal events by CONNECT
- Well-equipped exercise center
- Close access to the sea and surrounding park with possibility for different outdoor activities
- Free shuttle bus from Sandvika and Skøyen
If you have questions, please contact:
Christopher Lanza, Team leader +47 977 32 833
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Hvem er DNV?
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.