Local Unit & Position Description
Would you like to be part of an awesome team of people, building software that will bring our 50 successful years of Sesam history into the cloud era?
We are looking for an inspired and inspiring C# Developer to join our team at DNV GL – Digital Solutions at Høvik.
You probably have some or maybe a lot of experience with development of software for the desktop and the cloud. You appreciate the value of clean code. And if you smile when you hear TDD, CI/CD and SOLID, you will probably fit right in with us!
We are in the process of transitioning our software from pure desktop into a combined desktop and cloud offering. Our transition into this hybrid world will be a challenging, interesting, and fun journey. You will be working with strengthening our software portfolio for doing hydrodynamic analysis of floating offshore structures. Your main tasks will be developing our desktop application HydroD. HydroD is both a stability analysis software tool and a frontend towards our hydrodynamic solvers Wadam and Wasim which are key products for analyzing all kind of floating structures, e.g. ships, offshore structures, floating offshore wind turbines or floating bridges. You will be involved in both back-end and front-end development. Maintaining our build and test systems using scripting will also be important tasks.
Structure Ecosystem consists of 70 people in Norway, US, Poland and China who maintain, develop, and support the Sesam suite of programs covering design and analysis of structures within the maritime, offshore, and renewable industries. You will be part of a very motivated team consisting of domain experts, professional software engineers, software testers, product managers and technical support engineers who pride themselves in delivering high quality software. You will get the opportunity to solve hard and interesting challenges.
Learn more about our software: https://www.dnvgl.com/sesam
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development of Sesam HydroD, a WPF based desktop application for hydrodynamic analysis of floating offshore structures
- Participate in all phases of the development, from planning and design, to implementation and testing
- Contribute to cloud enabling our large collection of analysis software
- Set up and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- MSc or higher within Computer Science or similar. Extensive experience may counter for lack of formal credentials.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience. Experience with C# and the .NET framework
- WPF experience is a strong plus
- You know something about software design and architecture
- If you have worked with 3D graphics in the past, this is a plus
- You should have some knowledge about CI/CD systems. We use Azure DevOps here
Junior candidates are welcome to apply.
- A strong company culture with emphasis on competence development
- Competence development through individual development plans, including learnings from development communities and dedicated training programs
- Thorough on-boarding process
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- Free commuter bus from Sandvika and Skøyen
- Scenic work environment by the sea at Høvik
- Social events and team building activities
- Interesting and challenging tasks
- International working environment
Knut Birger Lunde
Head of Section, Segment Floating Structures
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.