Local Unit & Position Description
Would you like to be a part of great team of people, building software that will bring our 50 successful years of Sesam history into the cloud era?
We are looking for an inspired and inspiring C# Developer to join our team at DNV GL – Digital Solutions at Høvik. You probably have some, or maybe a lot of, experience with development of software for the desktop and the cloud. You appreciate the value of clean code. And if you smile when you hear TDD, CI/CD and SOLID, you will probably fit right in with us!
We are in the process of transitioning our software from pure desktop, into a combined desktop and cloud offering. Our transition into this hybrid world will be a challenging, interesting, and fun journey. In this journey, you will fill an important role as you will be involved with both maintaining existing desktop software, transitioning existing software to the cloud, and creating new cloud services.
We are an international team, working in Norway, US, Poland and China. You will be part of a very motivated team of 15 software engineers, software testers, product managers, technical support engineers and UX experts. We deliver high quality software, and you will get the opportunity to solve hard and interesting problems with us!
Learn more about our software: https://www.dnvgl.com/sesam
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development of Sesam HydroD, a desktop application for hydrodynamic analysis of floating offshore structures
- Development of Sesam Manager, a desktop and cloud application for orchestrating complex computations both on local computers and in the cloud
- Participate in all phases of the development, from planning and design to implementation and testing
- Set up and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Contribute to further develop our SaaS and PaaS solutions in Azure
- Contribute to cloud enabling our large collection of analysis software
It is great if you have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree within Computer Science or similar (Extensive experience may counter for lack of formal education)
- 4+ years of professional software development experience with C# and the .NET framework
- Previous experience with 3D graphics is a plus
- Knowledge about CI/CD systems
- It would be an advantage if you have some hand-on experience with developing for MS Azure, or other cloud platforms, but it’s not a requirement
- Junior candidates are welcome to apply!
- A strong company culture with emphasis on competence development
- Competence development through individual development plans, including learnings from development communities and dedicated training programs
- Thorough on-boarding process
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- Free commuter bus from Sandvika and Skøyen
- Scenic work environment by the sea at Høvik
- Social events and team building activities
- Interesting and challenging tasks
- International working environment
- For more information about the position, please contact:
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.