Elkjøp Nordic offers a position within a well-established and solid Insight and Analytics team responsible for the Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics and Data Science. IA has a solid platform and has delivered value to business since 1999. We serve all all companies in the group and have approx. 2500 user of our deliveries every day.
Our team, technology and value proposition to business is evolving and we are seeking a BI Developer to join the team and drive modernizing with a well-established BI team. Some of the most innovative and exiting projects are delivered from our IA team, and we are front runner with a lot of new technologies and capabilities. The IA team is organized within Digital and supports all use of data and insight in Elkjøp.
The main purpose is design, develop and deliver BI solutions to business users that give business the insight needed. The role will work with business and the Insight and Analytics team to design suitable solutions that provides for end-user consumption. The role will work closely with business throughout the delivery process. The role will be supported by Data Engineers and Data Scientist in delivering complete IA solutions.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Support business in specification of requirements and translate that to BI solutions
- Design and develop solution
- Work together with Data Engineers and Data Scientists to deliver complete Insight solutions
- Ensure that our solutions have correct data and follow up issues related to data quality
- Ensure time to market deliveries
- Take initiative to improve efficiency by using BI tools
- Participate in developing best practices and concepts related to data acquisition and BI delivery
- Verify other team members solutions and work in specific tasks/projects
- Be a valuable contributor and co-worker within the IA team, and be an expert in specific business areas/source systems
- Contribute in roadmaps and strategies for IA and Elkjøp relating BI, DS and DW
- Be a Insight and Analytics advocate in Elkjøp
- Act as third level support, especially for solutions you have delivered
Skills and abilities
- Able to follow system development life cycle best practices
- Familiar with working agile
- Must be analytical and flexible in approach for delivering results and the ability to adapt to a rapid development cycle
- Good understanding of retail business
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, capable in reviewing, critiquing and reviewing others work
- Experience from Business Intelligence, data warehousing and reporting tools
- Experience with Power BI, Azure stack, Cognos, BO, Alteryx and eager to learn new technologies such as ThoughtSpot
- Experience with dimensional modelling
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge from ETL or integration tools, preferably Informatica
- Documented experience of transforming functional requirements from operational business divisions to technical BI solutions.
- Well written and spoken command of English and a Scandinavian language
You can apply online via the "Søk på stillingen" button on this page and we ask for your application in English or Norwegian.
If you have any further questions about this position, we kindly ask you to contact Victor or Anna at Mediabemanning, who both work with getting this position in place.
Since 2001, Mediabemaning has specialized in sourcing executives and specialists for the Communications industry. Through the recruitment of key personnel, professionals and managers across leading marketing and communications environments in Norway, Mediabemannjng has demonstrated expertise working within technology and design environments, marketing and communications departments, advertising and media agencies, management consulting companies, organizations, unions and government agencies. Our work spans board appointments, recruitment of senior executives; departmental and technical managers; and operational professionals at all levels.
Anna Blom Rian
Hvem er Elkjøp Nordic?
Elkjøp Nordic AS is the mother company of the Elkjøp Group that is present with brick stores and ecommerce in Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway. Elkjøp is the largest and most traditional electronics player in Norway. Elkjøp is a fast-paced retailer that are eager to be in front of the competition. We go the extra mile. Our culture is important to us and is based on our core values: Responsibility, Engagement and Efficiency.