Backend Software Engineer – Telenor Global Wholesale
Technology department in Global Wholesale consists of highly skilled individuals who make sure that Global Wholesale has a platform for production of services such as VoIP, signaling, messaging, IP transit and connectivity, as well as the security, business and operations support systems. We are a multi-national team that develops solutions that enable and secure the competitive edge for Telenor’s wholesale business, and have the operational responsibility for BSS and OSS systems, platforms and Networks.
As Backend Software Engineer you will play an important role in our automation and integration strategy in coming years. You will design and develop software solutions including API for the core systems and service platforms, automation of service provisioning, system integration of open source and commercial systems and other tasks. You will contribute directly into the Telenor Global Wholesale production line, which generates substantial revenues 24/7. A successful candidate should be able to apply his/her competence and experience to shape the company’s software development practices and define the development roadmap.
Are you the one we are looking for?
The position reports to Arvid Langeland, Head of Service Platforms.
- You will develop and maintain system integration software, including API design
- You will participate in Agile development cycles, including planning, estimations and retrospectives
- You will communicate with the product manager and the customers for scoping of the tasks
- You will maintain documentation
- You will set the premises for software systems operations and security, including web interfaces
- You have a higher degree in Engineering / Computer Science or related field
- You have experience in software engineering, including design, implementation and testing
- You are fluent in Java and scripting languages
- You know REST API design and development
- You have experience in Amazon Web Services operations
- If you have knowledge about Telecom technology/services that will be an advantage
- You have excellent knowledge in written and spoken English
- You want to act on your own initiative, to make things happen, follow through and accept responsibility for the results
- You like to convince and persuades others and you put effort into promoting plans and ideas successfully
- You want to demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise and participate in continuous professional development
- You thrive when you get to analyze complex issues and problems. Coming up with sound and rational judgments is important to you
- You use a methodical and systematic approach; you like planning ahead, to define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- You are seeking structure and recognize the value of maintainable code, code reviews, testing and documentation
- You cooperate well with others, share knowledge, experience and information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
- A great working environment in an enthusiastic, world-class technical expert team
- Dynamic position close to commercial processes and value creation
- An opportunity to shape a key strategic growth area in Telenor Global Wholesale
- An opportunity to learn and develop through interaction with other teams
- Hard work and great results
We run background checks on relevant candidates through Semac AS. Some traveling must be expected.
About Global Wholesale
Global Wholesale is the international wholesale business unit, organized under the Markets division of the Telenor Group. The business unit provides international voice, roaming solutions, Internet and connectivity services to external and internal customers. The business unit comprises all operations of Telenor Global Services AS as well as the Global Wholesale Roaming functions for all Telenor companies. For more information about Global Wholesale please visit www.telenor.com/globalwholesale
Head of IP-NMS Services
Hvem er Telenor Norge?
Telenor Norge AS er landets største digitale tjenesteleverandør innenfor telekommunikasjon- og datatjenester. Vi jobber hver dag for å lede an digitaliseringen av Norge. Vi har 3400 medarbeidere fordelt på 23 kontorer i hele Norge, og vi er en del av Telenor Group, som har virksomhet i åtte land. Våre tjenester og produkter bidrar til økt produktivitet og gir tilgang til alt av digitalt innhold. Vår sikkerhets- og beredskapsorganisasjon jobber døgnkontinuerlig med å trygge våre kunder, og vi tar et særlig samfunnsansvar for å skape trygghet for barn og unge på nett. Hovedkontoret vårt ligger på Fornebu i Bærum. Les mer om Telenor Norge på www.telenor.no/om/.
Divisjon Technology har ansvar for kostnadseffektiv og fremtidsrettet utvikling, bygging, drift og forvaltning av Telenors nett, tjenester og IT. Technology har også ansvar for sikkerhet relatert til teknologi, løsninger og verdikjeder. Technology ledes av Ingeborg Øfsthus og har ca. 1100 medarbeidere.