We’re expanding and are looking for an experienced developer to help design and implement server technology to support our games that are being played by millions of people, all over the world. We are 18 employees in Bergen and our office is in the middle of the city center.
You will be working on developing and scaling our backend systems, and adapt them to new games and features. We deploy on AWS and most of our components use Java and MongoDB. You will build, deploy, and manage these systems. We automate tasks to make us more efficient and the systems more predictable. You will work closely with the game teams to design and implement gameplay features.
- Collaborate with other engineers on the design and implementation of the server architecture
- Design and implement server infrastructure to support gameplay features
- Improve server reliability, performance, and uptime
- Manage deployments and scaling
- Perform research to acquire the knowledge necessary to perform your tasks
- 3+ years of experience with Java or C#
- Experience from working on systems in production, preferably mobile games with millions of users
- Experience designing and evolving APIs
- Experience with distributed systems/server architecture
- Experience with databases
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Eager to learn
- Passion for games
- Excellent communication skills in English, as that’s our working language
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience from games industry
- Experience with Unity
- A friendly, casual and fun work environment in an attractive office and location in the city center of Bergen
- Challenging work with both responsibility and freedom, and an opportunity to be a part of our exciting journey - bringing more FUN games to millions of players all over the world!
- Family friendly-profile
- Flexible hours
- 5 weeks paid vacation + 2 extra vacation days during Xmas holidays
- Yearly allowance for personal & career development
- Lunch benefit, fresh fruit, healthy snacks, amazing coffee
- Stock option program for full time employees
- Ergonomic workstations with whatever equipment you need
- Don’t live in Bergen? We’ll provide assistance with relocation and permits
OTHER COOL STUFF
- Cool seasonal team events like winter trips and summer events
- Monthly social activities like movie nights and game nights
- The very Norwegian “lønningspils”
- Milestone celebrations
- Office library - we buy the books you want to read
- Sponsorships for events and causes that we care about
- Game jams every month
- Tickets to local gamedev events
- Cake at the office for your birthday! We will also sing the birthday song in a language of your choice
- May 17th celebration (Constitution day) at the office where we bring our friends and family for a nice meal and to watch the massive parade - right outside our windows
- Our office is located in the middle of the city center and is open for use in evenings and afternoons, if you want to bring your friends to hang out, play games or watch movies.
- Kick off your shoes and feel at home
Our tech stack
- MongoDB queries
- AWS with Linux servers
- Agile scrum-like
If you are interested in this position, send us your CV and application letter in English or Norwegian. Please note that this is a fulltime permanent position in Bergen, that requires working onsite. Add some information about yourself, why you would want to work for Dirtybit, and what games you are currently playing. If you have any queries please contact our recruiters at Experis: Kenneth Kallestad (900 36 547) and Andreas de Lange (900 93 829).
Dirtybit was founded in 2011 by students at NTNU - the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, who joined forces to make mobile games. The founders wanted to recreate the feelings and the memorable moments they got from competing with each other while playing Mario Kart together when they were kids, and bring this to new generations on mobile. Most multiplayer games for mobile in the market at the time was turn based, so they started developing the game “Fun Run”, where people could have fun and play together in real time.
After winning the “Norwegian Game Awards”, the game was launched globally. After a very successful social media campaign, where players were encouraged to tweet about #funrun on Twitter, #funrun trended worldwide. It started spreading at schools in the US, and after reaching the #1 position in the US app store, players all over the world started playing Fun Run. That’s how our story started!
We produce and publish games for mobile. Today our games in the Fun Run series have more than 100 million downloads all over the world.
Hvem er Experis?
Experis is Norway’s largest consultancy and recruitment company with 850 consultants. We offer highly qualified consultants, recruiting and project solutions within the fields of Engineering, Finance and IT. Our Experis Executive Division recruits leaders and key personnel in the private and public sector. Among our clients you will find over 90 percent of Norway’s leading companies. Experis is a company in ManpowerGroup and is voted one of the world’s most ethical companies.
As a consultant in Experis, you will have instant access to a wide range of challenging positions and project assignments. With us, you can build your career and we will help you achieve your goals on short and long term through our national and global network. Visit us at www.Experis.no