Local Unit & Position Description
Would you like to be a part of great team of people, building software to make the world safer, smarter and greener?
DNV GL's Synergi Life is one of the world's most recognized EH&S (environment, health, and safety) software brands, according to Verdantix Global EH&S Survey 2016, 2017 and 2018. Synergi Life's product vision is to develop the ultimate QHSE and Risk Management Software with superior usability using state of the art technology.
Learn more about our software: https://www.dnvgl.com/synergilife
We are looking for an inspired Back-end Developer to join our team at DNV GL – Digital Solutions in Stavanger. You probably have some, or maybe a lot of, experience with the development of software for the web and the cloud. You will be part of a motivated team of 20 software developers, software testers, product managers and technical support engineers, who pride themselves on delivering high-quality software.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development of Synergi Life application for on-premise and SaaS environments
- Using agile methods as part of the development work
- Participate in all phases of the development, from planning and design to implementation and testing
- Set up and maintain CI/CD pipelines
It is great if you have:
- M.Sc/B.Sc in computer science or software engineering
- Experience with C# and .NET Core
- Experience with test-driven development is an advantage
- Experience with SQL Server/Oracle databases
- Experience with CI/CD. We use Azure DevOps
- Experience with MS Azure is an advantage
- Strong understanding of software design principles and architecture
- Excellent analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong company culture with emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- International working environment
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- 30 days annual vacation
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Social events, sports and team building activities
- Scenic work environment by the sea at Stavanger
Please send your application and CV in English as soon as possible, we will start interviewing continuously when we find suitable candidates.
Jan Edvard Faugstad, Head of QHSE Ecosystem, Jan.Edvard.Faugstad@dnvgl.com
Jan Edvard Faugstad
Head of QHSE Ecosystem
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.