Associate Professor in Industrial Development and Innovation
DTU Diplom, the Center for Bachelor of Engineering Studies, at the Technical University of Denmark, invites applications for a position as Associate Professor in Industrial Development and Innovation, within the Department for Design, Mechanical Engineering and Production Engineering. DTU Diplom, located at the DTU Ballerup Campus, offers Bachelor Engineering programs, with an international focus, preparing engineering students for careers in a globalized world.
The position focuses on teaching and supervision of students in the field of product development, business development, process engineering and innovation. Companies need innovative employees in order to remain competitive. We educate our students to become innovation engineers, who can translate new ideas into practical and usable solutions, in close collaboration with industry. The position includes development of innovation projects with industry and development of new teaching methods and new courses.
Responsibilities and tasks
The position includes lecturing and supervision of students in the field of industrial development and innovation, inspiring and supporting them for their future career. The educational concept is based on the CDIO (Conceive, Design, Implement, Operate) format. Student assignments and projects are carried out in collaboration with business and industry as well as with research and educational institutions, nationally and internationally. The main language of teaching is Danish, and certain courses and supervision may be in English.
Your teaching and development responsibilities cover the following subjects:
- Innovation processes, technology, product and process development
- Creativity, concept development, user and customer requirement
- Business modelling, commercial strategy development and international export
- Prototyping, design, data analysis and material science
- Project management from idea to commercial and practical solutions
Collaboration with industry is important at DTU Diplom, and you must develop relations with companies, industry associations and government institutions to support this. Some of these collaboration projects require external funding, and therefore your tasks include applying for financial support for these projects.
In addition, you must be prepared to expand your teaching competencies to meet DTU's future needs.
We expect that you hold a Master’s degree in engineering or science, and furthermore we expect the following:
- You have several years’ experience with teaching of smaller and larger groups of students in innovation processes and associated subjects
- You have significant experience with teaching in innovation, project management, business bmodelling, product development or similar, at Bachelor’s and Master’s degree level
- You have provided project supervision for projects in the above subjects
- You have significant experience with course development, planning and coordination
- You bring experience with being responsible for teaching courses with many students
- And you have strong experience with the CDIO concept and its practical application
In addition, we require that you:
- Have knowledge of the development and use of digital learning technology in teaching
- Work systematically with the development of teaching and teaching materials
- Use active teaching methods in your own teaching, involving students in teaching
- Publish scientific articles and present results at international conferences
- Have experience with writing project applications, seeking funds and managing projects
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration will be given to:
- Experience with teaching, course planning and coordination
- Innovation activities, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Experience with development of teaching methods and international scientific publication
DTU is a leading technical university, globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom and responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional
Associations and the Career Structure for Bachelor Engineers. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
Workplace is DTU Ballerup Campus.
- Further information may be obtained from Head of Section Frank Ebskamp, +45 3196 4942.
- You can read more about DTU at www.dtu.dk.
Please submit your online application no later than7 January 2019 (local time). Apply at www.career.dtu.dk
Applications must contain all materials to be given consideration.
To apply, please open the link and fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English.
The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Documentation of previous teaching and research
- List of publications
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g.http://orcid.org/)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Head of Section
Hvem er Danmarks Tekniske Universitet (DTU)?
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and scientific advice. Our staff of 5,800 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society; and our 11,000 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent academic university collaborating globally with business, industry, government, and public agencies.