Center for Bachelor of Engineering Studies, DTU Diplom, have an opening for an Assistant Professor / Associate Professor for teaching and innovation in the field of Interfacing and Instrumentation. The position is in the Department for Electrical and Information Technology.
DTU Diplom, Center for Bachelor of Engineering Studies is part of Technical University of Denmark (DTU) and is located at DTU Ballerup Campus. DTU Diplom offers bachelor of engineering programs, postgraduate programs and custom-made courses for companies. In addition to teaching, the academic staff at DTU Diplom participate in a large number of larger and smaller external innovation projects, where they contribute as technical specialist.
The employees from the Department of Electrical Technology and IT teach in a wide range of DT`s 17 different Bachelor of Engineering programs, as well as in the postgraduate programs. The teaching in all courses is project- and application-oriented and thereby matching the needs of business and industry. The Bachelor of Engineering programs have an international focus, which prepares the engineering students for a career in a globalized world.
The pedagogical concept of the Bachelor of Engineering programs is based on the internationally recognized concept CDIO (Conceive, Design, Implement, Operate). It is a concept that DTU co-develops with universities globally, ensuring that the graduates have high degree of professionalism and strong personal and interpersonal skills taught in an engineering context.
Responsibilities and tasks
At DTU Diplom you will be responsible for developing, planning and delivering teaching in both Danish and English in the field of analog and digital electronics, including courses in:
- Analog and digital signal processing
- Hardware programming
- Design of components for 'Internet of Things'
When teaching, it is your most important task to inspire the students and ensure that they will graduate as engineers who are innovative, curious and innovative.
In addition to teaching, you will be responsible for supervising students who carry out projects during their education. The projects of the students are conducted in cooperation with the business and industry and with research and education institutions in Denmark and abroad.
You must be prepared to continuously develop your teaching skills in relation to DTU Diploma`s expectations for scientific staff. In addition to your primary area of responsibility within teaching and supervision, you must participate in innovation projects in cooperation with Danish companies. In this area of responsibility, you are expected to contribute as a technical specialist.
We expect you to hold a degree in Master of Engineering in electronics or equivalent and that you have at least three years of relevant professional experience. If you hold a degree in Bachelor of Engineering in electronics, you must be prepared to complete a relevant master’s degree program during the first few years of your employment. Further we expect that you are professionally strong and used to work with the latest technology and knowledge within analog and digital electronics.
In addition, we expect that you:
- Have the abilities to teach different types of students based on their different academic prerequisites
- Will participate actively in the development of the Bachelor of Engineering programs and in the development of the technical field together with your colleagues
- Actively use your professional network in your teaching and that you continuously are developing a Danish as well as international academic network
- Have the ability to teach in both Danish and English. Note, that if you do not speak Danish, you must be prepared to learn to both speak and write Danish within the first couple of years of your employment.
- Continuously keep your own professionalism up to date and actively contributes to both the interdisciplinary and subject-specific environment at DTU Diplom, as well as contributing to cooperation with other institutes at DTU`s
- Contribute to ideas for innovation projects, so DTU Diplom can work together with companies on developing new products
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration will be given to:
Professional experience with:
- Interfacing between of electronic devices and software systems
- Digital and analog signal processing and implementation of signal processing algorithms in hardware
- Development of sensors and other measuring devices
- Experience with teaching and knowledge within pedagogy and didactics
- Willingness and ability to contribute to internal and external cooperation at DTU
- Experience with innovation and funding
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations and the Career Structure for Bachelor Engineers. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
The appointment will be as Assistant Professor unless acquired qualifications equivalent to the qualifications of Associate Professor. The academic qualifications for Associate professors correspond to those obtained by holding an Assistant Professorship or equivalent for three years.
The place of work is DTU Diplom in Ballerup. The date of employment will be found in collaboration with the applicant.
You can read more about DTU Diplom at https://www.diplom.dtu.dk/
Please submit your online application no later than 31 December 2018. Apply at www.career.dtu.dk
Applications must contain all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link & Apply online, & fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (BA/MSc/PhD)
- Documentation of teaching experience (e.g. in the form of a teaching portfolio)
In the field “Please indicate which position you are applying for” please indicate whether you are applying for position as Associate or Assistant Professor.
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Hvem er Danmarks Tekniske Universitet (DTU)?
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and scientific advice. Our staff of 6,000 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society, and our 11,200 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent academic university collaborating globally with business, industry, government and public agencies.