Local Unit & Position Description
The Class Development unit in DNV GL Maritime is responsible for the technical and commercial IT systems used in DNV GL Maritime. Oracle CPQ (configure – price – quote) Cloud has been chosen to support the Quote to the Contract process.
The CPQ tool is used and intended to be used to set up quotes and contracts whenever there are complex rules for what services we shall provide to which ship or customer. The rules are based on ship characteristics, a trading area, flag authorizations and more. We plan to expand the use of CPQ to new contract types and other configuration rules.
We are now seeking a candidate to take on the responsibility for the development and configuration of our CPQ tool.
The main responsibilities of the CPQ application specialist will be:
- Actively participate in the requirement gathering processes with process owners and advise how to set up CPQ to meet the business requirements in the best way
- Configuration of Oracle CPQ Cloud
- Programming within Oracle CPQ Cloud
- Support CPQ end users
- Handling of defects
- Development and maintenance of integrations
In addition, the area of responsibility might be extended to other Customer Experience (CX) tools, e.g. CRM system.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience. Graduates may also be considered
- Understanding of technical and commercial business needs and through that be able to recommend the proper setup of our CPQ application
- Understanding of integrations and the CPQ application’s role in the IT system landscape
- Interest in and knowledge about configuration and programming
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential
- Structured and self-driven
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English. Norwegian is beneficial
- Master or Bachelor degree within IT or similar
- Able to self-study for competence and skills development
- Some travel must be expected (5%)
- A strong company culture with emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value team development and support
- International working environment
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Meet other young professionals through established networks and informal events
- 6 weeks of annual leave
- Free shuttle bus from Sandvika and Skøyen
- Well-equipped exercise center
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.