Local Unit & Position Description
Consultant in Digital Solutions - join our highly competent team serving DNV GL and industries with Data Smart Solutions!
DNV GL is currently in the process of digital transformation. We are developing and using advanced digital solutions to serve our customers better, increase our own efficiency and open up new business opportunities.
The Information Risk Management group consists of highly skilled employees, providing services to customers in the Oil & Gas, Maritime, Energy and Life Science sectors. The section assists in managing information, IT, systems and software related risks in projects and operations, through the service portfolio:
- Information management and quality
- Data integration
- Information and cyber security
- Functional safety
- Integrated systems and software
As part of the DNV GL strategy we seek to strengthen our staff and grow capabilities in information management and data integration. We are looking for people with different levels of experience, we have a parallel advertisement for the position of Senior Consultant.
- Responsibility and mandate to develop and grow customer and project portfolio
- Team member in relevant projects and activities with DNV GL colleagues, customers and partners
- Contribute to maintaining and developing DNV GLs professional expertise and best practices
- Some travel and work in customers’ premises must be expected
We are looking for a person who demonstrates up to 5 years of industry experience within in informatics/ information science, ontologies, semantic technologies, tools and standards, information management, information architecture, information integration, software and software programming preferably in oil & gas, process, energy, maritime or life sciences.
- Educational level of MSc/PhD in IT related field and strong professional and academic results
- Experience/ expertise within semantic technologies & tools
- Experience/expertise in presentation of complex content (visual or otherwise)
- Experience/expertise in Information science
- Logic and information modelling ( knowledge of OWL and RDF)
- UX / programming web services and web user interfaces
- Database knowledge (relational/SQL and other)
- Linked Data and standards for exchange
- Classification systems
- Open source development
- Artificial intelligence (automated reasoning, machine learning, or other)
- Text indexing/mining tools
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate a customer oriented and commercial mindset, positive and proactive attitude, and solution-oriented with the ability to work independently, take initiatives and drive processes.
At DNV GL, we offer opportunities beyond business. In addition to competitive conditions, the right candidates will enjoy the possibility to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. Our working culture is based on respect for one another and an appreciation of the need for work-life balance.
Join us and you will:
- Work with dedicated and competent colleagues with a high education and specialization level in an international environment
- Meet demanding customers with complex and exciting technical challenges
- Live locally yet work on challenges globally and enjoy working at our beautiful campus at Høvik. For those that prefer a change, there are also opportunities to move abroad for some time
- Have space to innovate. We encourage and actively enable creativity and innovation, for example through our extraordinary innovation projects, and our joint initiatives with key industry players
- Live a balanced life. We offer a flexible working environment, attractive pension- and insurance schemes, 30 day annual vacation and sports activities with colleagues
Group Leader, Information Risk Management
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.