The world needs a solution to manage applications like Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Real-Time Analytics and solving the worlds health challenges. In Numascale we are working with groundbreaking new technology that is now being picked up by the largest system integrators in the world. We are located in Oslo and our products can be found world-wide.
The market for Scale-up server systems is growing rapidly as the need for in-memory analytics and databases, IoT and server consolidation/virtualization is seen in a number of application verticals. We help grow this market by providing high value IP for Scale-up systems. Our Node Controllers can effectively scale systems from 8 sockets to hundreds of sockets.
Due to a high demand for new solutions Numascale is expanding rapidly, and is looking for five hardware design engineers who want to work at the forefront of the computing industry. We aspire to hire talents that are smarter than us. We are therefore searching for young professionals to take key positions in our team, as well as graduates with excellent academic results.
You will be located at our headquarter in Oslo, and become part of an international and highly skilled environment, with 30 colleagues from Norway, Singapore, Czech Republic, USA, France, Germany and Italy, and clients all over the world.
A normal day at work will be centered around:
- Tasks related to Node Controllers ASICs from Numascale, which are used in cache-coherent shared memory computers. The system complexity and aggressive specification will give you interesting challenges, whether doing design or verification
- Dependent on your skillset and personal preferences, you will be working with system architecture, micro architecture, RTL implementation, coherency protocols, system level verification, module verification, FPGA prototyping and similar
At Numascale you will improve your knowledge on cache coherency protocols. You will learn more about technologies such as SystemVerilog and UVM. You will use Synopsys tool suite to conduct logic synthesis and simulation. Knowledge about hardware/firmware/software co-design as well as low level software programming will be an advantage.
We are looking for candidates with a genuine passion for technology. We believe that the right candidate has excellent academic results and a great interest for digital design, processors, chips and electronics in general. You have good cooperation skills and a willingness to learn from others as well as sharing your own knowledge. Furthermore, we believe that the right candidate is structured, solution-oriented, responsible and self-motivated.
To qualify you need to have the following skills and experience:
- Master's degree and/or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with HDL design or verification
- Excellent English skills, both oral and written
All applicants must attach a valid transcript of their university diploma.
- We take care of our most valuable assets: Our engineers
- You will get the opportunity to work with and learn from international, world leading technical teams
- The chance to be part of the fast-growing scale-up computing business
- Nice and modern offices in Oslo
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible working hours
- Personal and career development
- Supportive and inspiring colleagues and social events
- Start: As soon as possible
- Position: 100 %
- Extent: Permanent
- Location: Oslo
Application deadline: 30th september
Apply by pressing the Apply here button below. Our selection process is continuous so make sure to send your application as soon as possible.
Academic Work is responsible for the recruitment process but the candidate that proceed will be employed directly by Numascale.
Numascale is changing the rules of the game with their groundbreaking Scale-up technology. We have a long history of contributing to the opensource Linux and HPC community. Numascale develops unique hardware and software for the most challenging computing workloads. In 2014 the company delivered the enabling technology for the worlds largest computer running under one instance of the operating system, with more than 5000 cores and 21 Terabytes of RAM.
Hvem er Academic Work?
Vi i Academic Work jobber med å finne karrieremuligheter til young professionals – personer som er i starten av sin karriere eller ønsker å bytte karrierevei. Young professionals er vår nisje, vårt ekspertområde og en målgruppe vi tror sterkt på. Vi er et internasjonalt selskap med 20 års erfaring. Hittil har vi hjulpet 120.000 personer i jobb, og bare i Norge tilbyr vi over 1.200 karrieremuligheter i året.