About Odfjell Drilling
Odfjell Drilling is an international drilling- and well service provider with more than 45 years of experience. The company has approximately 2700 valued employees, serving clients globally.
Odfjell Drilling owns and operates mobile offshore drilling units internationally, and is a provider of platform drilling services in Norway and the UK. The company also offers tubular running-, rental- and well intervention services. Through Odfjell Energy, the company will transition its engineering and project management competence into providing services to maritime industries on- and offshore, specialising in energy- and emission reduction solutions.
In 2020 Odfjell Drilling saw an opportunity to join forces with Oceanwind AS, and combine five decades of harsh environment offshore experience with 20 years of offshore wind competence. The common objective is to further commercialise energy from the offshore floating wind market.
This was one step in Odfjell Drilling’s goal to become a net zero carbon emission company by 2050. In order to reach zero we are continuously evaluating new solutions within battery- and hybrid technology, alternative fuels, land power and carbon capture.
By merging fifty years of history with the technology of tomorrow, our people will develop solutions for the future. Therefore, we are constantly looking for talented people to join us and help solve the challenges we will face to reach zero carbon emissions. Odfjell Drilling will rely on innovation and new thinking as enablers of safe and efficient operations, while reducing our emissions and environmental impact.
Visit www.odfjelldrilling.com for more information about our people, values and business.
Are you our new Head IT architect?
In Odfjell Drilling, we are on a continuous journey for supporting our business areas with some of the most complex IT environments out there. We utilize a hybrid of cloud and on-premise services over both low bandwidth satellite networks and high speed networks while making sure our rigs are able to work autonomously in a very secure manner.
Although we have come a long way, we still see many opportunities to do things smarter and more effective by integrating services across different technological platforms.
We are looking for our new Head IT architect to drive the digital evolution and build the structural foundation to make sure we are ready for tomorrow’s digital challenges within new sustainable technologies, IoT, automation etc. in a global and harsh environment.
- Head IT architect
- Part of the IT department's management team
- Lead and manage devops resources. Design, build, promote, document and implement services, applications, workflows and integration solutions
- Key player in increasing our customers’ efficiency
- Resource for our customers to assess areas for improvement
- Secure and develop competence for interfaces and critical services
- Continuous monitor, adapt and update IT group on information technology evolution
- Manage the Application Support Team in Manila.
- Maintain application catalogue and ensure that the support team has adequate and proper competence to support the applications in use by the company
- Ensure that the IT delivers high quality and timely support, according to agreed targets
- Ensure that IT Operations are secure, and deliver according to availability targets
- Manage IT vendors and IT contracts/agreements
- Ensure cost focus
- Personell responsibility
- Encourage independence and climate for continuous improvement
- Bachelor / Master of IT or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years experience from operation in major IT or consulting organizations
- Communication skills, make the complex easy to understand
- Knowledge, or preferably in-depth knowledge, of Microservices and event driven solutions development
- Key areas; Microsoft Azure and Azure components and/or AWS, Office 365 services, Windows services, SQL/Oracle
- ERP Systems and reporting services: IFS, PowerBI
- Can show a proven track record as a manger of people and projects
Odfjell Drilling group has defined five core values in order to describe our basis for business operation and decision making. These values describe our managers and personnel's competence and personality:
COMMITTTED - SAFETY CONSCIOUS - CREATIVE - COMPETENT - RESULT ORIENTED
The Company emphazises in its recruitment policy to build teams with a diversified group of people, with regards to age, sex and cultural background.
Hvem er Experis?
Experis er Norges største konsulent- og rekrutteringsselskap med over 500 konsulenter. Vi tilbyr høyt kvalifiserte konsulenter, rekruttering og prosjektløsninger innen it, ingeniørfag og økonomi. Experis Executive rekrutterer toppledere og nøkkelpersoner innen privat og offentlig sektor. Blant våre kunder finner du over 90 % av Norges største børsnoterte selskaper. Experis er en del av ManpowerGroup og er kåret til et av verdens mest etiske selskaper.