DNV has a unique brand and strong position in the market. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
We foresee an increasing demand for concrete substructures in the floating wind industry as well as other industries. Therefore, we are seeking a senior structural engineer with more than 15 years’ experience within concrete structures, in general, and offshore concrete structures, in particular.
The Section for Concrete Structures and Geotechnics is a part of Department Structures which consists of 100 skilled and enthusiastic engineers. The staff is highly competent within structural assessments and analyses and cooperates closely with other units in DNV forming multidisciplinary teams. Our projects cover a variety of work tasks and involve close working relationships with our customers.
You will be working in projects performing:
- Verification and advisory services for concrete structures
- Structural integrity assessments through FE analysis
- Qualification of novel concepts and technologies
- Risk based in-service inspection (planning and follow-up)
- Laboratory testing and development of design methodologies
- Development of rules and standards
The Section for Concrete Structures and Geotechnics delivers the above services for:
- Offshore concrete structures for the energy industry, fixed and floating
- Large/complex infrastructure projects, such as underground railway systems, tunnels, and bridges
- LNG/LPG export/import terminals onshore and offshore including storage tanks
- Ports and terminals
- Onshore wind turbine support structures
- Aquaculture industry
The successful candidate will have:
- a Master of Science degree or PhD in concrete structures
- several years’ experience with offshore concrete structures
- design experience
- experience within numerical nonlinear analyses, would be an advantage
- business development mindset, good communication skills and customer focus
- command of a Scandinavian language (preferably Norwegian), would be an advantage
- a solution-oriented mindset
Your responsibilites will include:
- Perform technical work in integrated multidisciplinary project teams
- Work in the Norwegian as well as the international market
- Execute business development and sales
- Mentor junior staff
- A strong company culture with an emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- Attractive total compensation package
- 6 weeks annual vacation
- International working environment
- Flexible working and focus on work/life balance
- Interesting and challenging projects, both locally and worldwide
- Be part of a world-leading company that has a global reach with more than 12.000 employees around to world.
- The possibility to grow and develop your competencies and ambitions within DNV
Deadline for applying: 15.02.2023
For more information please contact:
Paola Mayorca, Team Leader, +47 482 78 282
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Hvem er DNV?
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.