Elkem Silicon Materials is currently looking for a new Technical Support Engineer to our Technical Customer Support department in Trondheim. The department has 6 employees and is responsible for technical support for customers, product development and R&D activities. In addition, the department has lab facilities for development and evaluation of products. You will to a large extent be involved in technical dialog with customers and personnel at our production facilities and research groups. The position requires international, as well as domestic, travelling.
Areas of responsibility:
- Technical support for existing and new customers within defined product segments
- Development of existing and new products
- Systematic development of new markets and customers
- Maintain and develop our customer value management system
- Support plants and business directors in finding best solution for our customers
Qualifications required for the position:
- Master of Science in a technical field or Bachelor degree with extensive experience
- Experience from product development projects would be an advantage
- Commercial understanding
- Good cooperation skills
- Structured and analytical
- Fluent in English and preferably fluent in Norwegian
- The position reports to Head of Technical Support.
Hvem er Elkem AS?
Elkem er et av verdens ledende selskaper innen miljøansvarlig produksjon av metaller og materialer. De viktigste produktene er silisium, silikon, ferrosilisium, støpelegeringer, karbonmaterialer og microsilica. Elkem har fire forretningsområder og består av tilsammen 6200 ansatte.