We aim to strengthen our Machine Design & Delivery team with a Senior Power Electronics Engineer who will take responsibility for electrical equipment solutions that supports the development of Norsk Titanium (NTi) core technology.
The role will be part of the Machine Design & Delivery team at NTi's Technology Center together with experts within software, metallurgy, automation, process control, sensors and manufacturing. The role will take responsibility of development and integration of necessary electric equipment solutions to support the development of NTi’s core technology. Main area of responsibility is the RPD system power sources (Welding Inverters) including fieldbus I/O design and associated systems and components.
The person we seek will lead within its field of expertise system architecture, system design, specifications, integration and communication with other subsystems and overall RPD system, selection of components, suppliers and partners.
- Responsible as Power System Lead in the engineering process from conceptual design to system testing and commissioning
- System matter expert on NTi’s RPD system electronic equipment
- Responsible for product development from concept through production, which includes new product, sustaining and resolution of field problems
- Lead electro-mechanical product design and/or redesign, part assembly and detailed part drawings
- Be focal point of contact towards Sub-suppliers for manufacturing of electrical equipment
- Plan, coordinate and participate in component tests at key suppliers’ facilities and system testing at our test facility
- Ensure Electronics component and system designs have appropriate analytics, empirical design/testing, and production level verification
- Develop qualification/test programs for products and ability to set-up and execute prescribed tests
- Implement circuit card designs that interface to firmware, hardware and software including Field Bus communication
- Create/Review/Approval of engineering Parts/Documents/Procedures/Study Reports/ Design/Requirement as per guidelines and authorization
- Design and analyze analog circuitry, digital signals, GPIO and power stages including estimation of losses and efficiency
- Design and analyze high frequency magnetics and develop schematic and supervise board layout
Key profile characteristics
- Master or bachelor’s degree in Electric Power Engineering, Power Electronics or Electrical engineering
- Capable of leading and executing relevant activities within engineering of power supply systems and power electronics components
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in and deep knowledge in power systems and technology
- General competence in electro physics and power system analysis
- Experience in applying IEC, IEEE and other relevant industry standards
- Be able to collaborate with and influence all cross functional members of the design team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English; orally and in writing
We can offer you
- A highly skilled and multidisciplinary environment with creative and talented colleagues
- Interesting work assignment and independent tasks
- Opportunity to take part in the construction of an international industrial group
- International, challenging and good work environment
- Company Sports Club
- Very good pension and insurance plan
- Competitive salary
Åshild M. Tunga
Director Human Resources
Hvem er Norsk Titanium?
Norsk Titanium AS is the world's pioneering supplier of aerospace-grade, additive manufactured, structural titanium components. The company is distinguished in the aviation industry by its patented Rapid Plasma Deposition (RPD) process that transforms titanium wire into complex components suitable for structural and safety-critical applications. The Norsk Titanium research and development team is committed to displacing the age old and inefficient forging process with a precision wire deposition technology embodying substantial savings for aerospace, defense, and commercial applications. NTis Headquarters, Technology Center and first Production Center is located at Eggemoen, Ringerike.