Do you see yourself as an expert in the field of pressure equipment? Join our team today!
We are seeking a skilful, curious and agile engineer in our Pressure Equipment section. Our section is part of the Offshore Classification Approval Centre in Maritime business area located at Høvik, Norway.
You will be part of our team of 15 highly qualified engineers, who are responsible for assessing various types of pressure equipment against international/national regulations and standards (ASME, EN, PED, TPED, ADR, RID, IMDG, etc.), classification rules, etc.; the deliverables from the section are a ticket to trade for our customers.
This position gives an opportunity to learn about various pressure equipment design and associated production process, testing, and materials. Further, you will learn about offshore, ship, LNG, drilling, etc. systems and how pressure equipment plays a vital role in all these systems. Typical examples of pressure equipment are pressure vessels, boilers, heat exchangers, valves, piping systems, tank containers, etc. You will also interact with customers both external and internal, and actively participate in the section's effort towards digitalisation
- Design evaluation and type approval
- Document review for compliance with requirements
- Inspection, auditing and visit at the manufacturers site for PED, TPED and Dangerous goods services, when necessary
- Deliver quotations to external and internal customers
- Guide and offer technical clarifications to customers and DNV GL local offices
- Contribute to maintain, improve and streamline our work process and section goals
- High customer focus
- Position Qualifications
We are looking for a colleague who has:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferably within mechanical/structural engineering
- At least 3 years relevant experience within design/ fabrication/ testing of pressure equipment
- Preferably, knowledge and experience within PED/TPED/ADR/RID/IMDG
- Ability to handle several projects in parallel
- Good written and verbal English skills
- Good written and verbal Norwegian skills are beneficial
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Quality orientation and systematic approach
- Team player with a positive attitude who strive to obtain results for the team
- Self-driven and willingness to share knowledge
- Open-minded and curious
- Interesting and challenging projects, extensive customer contact and excellent opportunities for competence development
- Work with dedicated and competent colleagues with high education and specialization level in an international environment
- Space to innovate and learn more every day
- 30 days annual vacation, company networks and sports and leisure activities with colleagues
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Competitive salary, attractive pension- and insurance schemes
Marveng, Head of Section Pressure Equipment,
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.