- Daily contact with Operator’s technical representative for design of cementing operation
- Daily contact with Offshore team and/or Ops Coordinator for planning of the cementing or pumping services
- Design of cement slurries and spacers designs necessary for the conditions of each well section
- Coordination and direction to the Cementing laboratory for testing requirements, heating requirements based on simulations, static gel strength, mechanical properties, gas block validation on critical slurries, etc.
- Run computer simulations to determine BHCT, fluid design, volumes and pump rates as designed for actual hole conditions
- Perform cement sheath stress analysis simulation
- Develop detailed documented work programs and procedures for each job and support budget development with client
- Work closely with drilling fluids provider to optimise mud performance prior to conducting cement job
- Provide required input to discharge permits with ongoing follow up to keep client informed of actual operations and discharge permit management
- Work closely with client and contractor offshore personnel to insure active involvement in operations
- Reporting material balance into client reporting systems
- Follow up and review of job evaluation with client and recommendations for continuous improvement
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant Engineering subject.
- Solid background of experience within Offshore Cementing.
- Solid background and strong working knowledge across a broad range of cementing tools and services.
- A proven ability to recognise, analyse and solve technical issues, coupled with a process oriented working style
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable with abstract, conceptual thinking regarding to processes, workflows, and technical systems.
- Clear language and communication skills are essential.
- The ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Fluent in written technical English and experienced with Baker Hughes software packages, as well as common office software.
Hvem er Baker Hughes, a GE company - ?
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.