Experis is Norway’s largest consultancy and recruitment company with over 500 consultants. We offer highly qualified consultants, recruiting and project solutions within the fields of Engineering, Finance and IT. Our Experis Executive Division recruits leaders and key personnel in the private and public sector. Among our clients you will find over 90 percent of Norway’s leading companies. Experis is a company in ManpowerGroup and is voted one of the world’s most ethical companies. To learn more, visit experis.no.
In our Clients Business Applications Management team there is a need for resources as Application Manager.
Main activities to be performed:
Actively support a System Manager in ensuring the application portfolio operate effectively. Will act as application manager for multiple IT systems, manage troubleshooting, propose improvements and manage technical and system architecture improvement activities. The role will require interaction with our application hosting vendor, application vendors and users within the business community.
- Provide application functional support to super users and end users as agreed.
- Ensure agreed changes to the Systems are progressed and that necessary change and test processes are performed.
- Clarifying business demands such that they can be efficiency met by the IT delivery organization.
- Ensure application issues are resolved in accordance with agreed SLA.
- Ensure general IT application administrative activities are performed
- More than 5 years of experience supporting application portfolio for Oil & Gas companies.
- Self-driven resource, able to identify work to be done, and evaluate cost saving activities and important task with regards to critical business requirements
- Delivery and support of business-important IT systems, in corporations with local and global vendors.
- Capable of understanding the whole value chain of the delivery
- High level of trouble shooting and analysis skills
- Assist with major changes (projects) to IT applications.
- Must be capable to take lead on problem management, changes and handle other ITIL processes.
- Candidate must be able to receive a task and take ownership and carry out what is needed to deliver within the procedures in the company.
- Required specialized IT skills within: Geology, Reservoir, Petro physical and/or Geophysical interpretation applications.
- Agile and LEAN work methods coupled with ITIL
- Propose application upgrades / modifications to the System Manager based on requirements from System Owner (s) and super users
- Ensure processes for identify incident trends exist and corrections are imple-mented as agreed.
- Understand super-users training needs and recommend training plan
- Ensure training are provided as agreed
- Participate in application user forums when agreed.
- Support in-systems workflows as agreed
- Contribute during testing of applications.
- Perform reporting as agreed.
- Provide IT budget input as agreed.
- Give Input to System Manager regarding future improvements and enhance-ments.
- Ensure System Documentation is maintained and kept up to date.
- Together with System Manager and System Owner; build application road map.
- Monitor license usage and propose changes when appropriate.
- Identify IT problems based on incident trends.
- Recommend System training.
- Recommend modifications within Systems
- IT application SLA monitored.
- IT training performed according to plan.
- IT application documentation up to date.
Experis can offer you
You will have the opportunity for personal and professional development in various and challenging assignments. We offer competitive conditions, pension and insurance policy and a strong social environment. You will have your own mentor and be offered career guidance in addition you will receive access to free training courses. You will also have the opportunity to attend social events in addition to discount on gym memberships, bank and insurance, studies and healthcare.