Technology, projects and drilling (TPD) is Statoil's business area responsible for research and technology, project development and execution, well delivery and procurement. Having the corporate responsibility for technology implementation and project development puts us in the middle of making Statoil a competitive company facing the low carbon society.
The unit provides electrical expertise and competence within subsea power solutions, renewable energy including offshore wind, power from shore and grid connections for existing facilities and new development projects. Your work tasks will be across a variety of Statoil projects and facilities worldwide.
Location for the position will be Oslo, Stavanger, Bergen or Trondheim.
- Technical expert support for development projects and production facilities
- Development and evaluation of HV transmission and distribution systems including performing electrical system studies and analysis
- Establish specifications for HV transmission and distribution systems
- Authority and stakeholder management within the field of power grid and regulatory affairs
- Negotiating grid connection agreements
- Support business development projects within renewables
- Experience from analysis of electrical power systems and from electrical power system engineering
- Knowledge on how power transmission systems are organised and governed
- Knowledge on renewable energy sources and generation as well as understanding of electricity markets
- Thorough knowledge of the Norwegian transmission grid
- Management experience from one of the major entities in the power industry or authority is preferred
- Fluency in English and Norwegian is preferred and fluency in a third language will be an advantage
- More than 10 years of relevant experience is preferred
- Leadership capabilities
- Strategic mindset
- Skilled in developing networks, internally and externally
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to display a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing commitments effectively
- Value based execution of responsibilities and tasks
- Ability to live by "I am safety" expectations
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
Hvem er Statoil ASA?
Statoil is an international energy company with operations in more than 30 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world's energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. We are headquartered in Norway with approx. 21,000 employees worldwide, and are listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.